Subject: RE: "ok" status on domains (and other objects)

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 20:10:42 -0500

> I think the spec needs to be well-done before it is published as an 
> RFC. At the moment it seems medium-rare.

I disagree for the very reasons cited by Ed.  We're bound to uncover issues
as people gain additional implementation experience, but that's the whole
reason that the IETF has a process for moving to "proposed" and "draft"
standard status.  Plus, given that multiple other implementers have
developed software to earlier (and ongoing) versions of the specs without
raising the "concerns" that you have, I'd say "medium-rare" is a
mischaracterization.

-Scott-

---

From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 23:38:12 -0800 (PST)

There are more pressures than can be percieved for these drafts to be
published. We move should forward with what we have and work on
interoability and publishing a BCP on running EPP based name registries.

-rick