Subject: RE: action items from our meeting in atlanta

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:09:29 -0500

A
> >
> > I'm doubtful that an answer saying 'we'll issue guidelines on this in
> > another (future) document' will settle these two items.  We need to
> > address these two directly to "pass."  However, it seems to me that
> > it would be a really good idea to have guidelines for privacy
> > extensions at some point - but I don't think that the promise of this
> > will qualify as a answer.
>
>This is the one I was talking about, but I'm not suggesting guidelines --
>I'm talking about a real protocol extension.  You may be right about Randy's
>desire, but so far there's been no WG support for the idea of tagging
>individual elements as suggested by the IESG.

exactly ... IMHO this is a major potential rat hole and before we start 
crawling down this path the IESG should make it very very clear what they 
are looking for and that they have a clear understanding that this is not a 
simple issue.

If W3C cant get their act together on these things .. its not going to be 
any easier for us.

BTW here are the notes from the W3C workshop on extending P3P held last 
month in Dulles,VA

#############

Dear all,

it has taken a while to publish the minutes as I was travelling and
became sick and had to recover.

But the minutes are finally published. There is no summary report yet.

The minutes are under:
http://www.w3.org/2002/p3p-ws/minutes/

but they are also linked from the Workshop - Homepage:
http://www.w3.org/2002/p3p-ws/

Best,
-- 
Rigo Wenning            W3C/INRIA
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead
mail:[email-masked]        2004, Routes des Lucioles
http://www.w3.org/      F-06902 Sophia Antipolis

>-Scott-

Richard Shockey, Senior Manager, Strategic Technology Initiatives
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
Voice +1 571.434.5651 Cell : +1 314.503.0640,  Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:[email-masked]> or <mailto:[email-masked]>
  <http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<