Subject: RE: document management

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 13:26:24 -0500

> But that is not the only issue out there.  There is the ROID issue 
> waiting along with some others that we really ought to solve before 
> we can leave the PS orbit.  (I.e., if we hit PS soon, we'll have to 
> do it again anyway to handle some of the potential changes.)
> 
> I'm proposing that we withdraw the current document set from the IESG 
> review cycle, address all of the IESG comments anyway and then move 
> on to addressing the other latent issues and resubmit for PS as soon 
> as we can.  Perhaps in February.
> 
> Comments?

I'm not convinced that the ROID issue is accepted as an issue by the WG.  It
was discussed to death in the past, and one person recently brought it up as
a concern.  I'd like to confirm that people really think it's something to
pull back for.  I don't think it is, especially since it was the topic of
extensive discussion in the past and the current documents reflect the
outcome of those discussions.

Note that I'm not a ROID advocate, and I'd have no regrets if we did decide
to remove them at some point in the future if extended implementation
experience demonstrates that they shouldn't be included.

In short: I'd like to get the IESG privacy comment debate settled and get
the documents moving again.

-Scott-