Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Proposed Text for Contact Mapping Disclosure E lements

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:16:53 -0400

> At 11:32 -0400 4/21/03, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> >If you're not, you don't.  So do I need to add a sentence in 
> the <info>
> >description that describes the primacy of authorization?
> 
> Given (my) experience with other IETF specs, yeah.

Looking at the current specs I see that this means that I really need to add
an optional authInfo element to the contact <info> command, too.  Here's the
text that I'll suggest we add to the earlier text to address authorization
and in-band disclosure:

"Client identification features provided by the EPP <login> command and
contact authorization information are used to determine if a client is
authorized to perform contact information query commands.  These features
also determine if a client is authorized to receive data in a query response
that is otherwise marked for non-disclosure."

Does this work?

-Scott-

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:37:57 -0400

Yeah, for me.  Others?

As soon as you get to it, submit the current round of documents. 
I'll give them a look through before alerting the IESG - just to make 
sure everything is in place and to give a short breather to the group 
to look once.  (It's not a WG last call - just a sanity check.  As 
I've said before, it's never too late to complain, but we do want 
documents through the system.)

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

A compiler-directive person living in an HTML-tagged world.