Subject: [ietf-provreg] Implementation of EPP (& RRP) in Perl

From: Patrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 16:10:51 +0200

As promised a long time ago[1], a new implementation of EPP is
available under the GPL at http://open.gandi.net/download/IRI/

It is based on earlier drafts of EPP, but is in fact more of an
abstraction layer over Registries, hiding transport, protocol and
policy from the application, thus it implements 5 Registries (3 first
new gTLD, and those for .CNO), 2 protocols (RRP & 3 versions of EPP),
and 2 transports (TCP & TLS), in a way that calling application do
not have to bother with details.

It is done in an OO manner with Perl. It is not perfect, but works in
production for a Registrar handling 400000 domain names under
.CNOBIN.

Please forward all questions/discussion to the dedicated
mailing-list.
Details at http://open.gandi.net/#list

[1] http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2002-08/msg00032.html

-- 
Patrick.
``The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.''