Subject: [ietf-provreg] host attributes

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:22:38 -0400

I think we can safely declare consensus on the host attributes issue, 
with a chair-requested adjustment from the message Scott sent:

    http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2003-04/msg00028.html

(and the followup from Frederico: "Here there is a missing 
<domain:hostAttr> or I'm misunderstanding something ?", or course.)

The one change I request, in the name of remaining non-IPv4 specific 
is to add to the example a IPv6 address example....

# Example domain attributes that describe host machines:
#
...
#     <domain:hostAddr ip="v4">192.0.2.2</domain:hostAddr>
>      <domain:hostAddr ip="v6">fe80::1</domain:hostAddr>
...

The MX RR issue will be left to extensions for the time being. 
Scott, could you add a paragraph to the document to summarize why 
only address records appear as domain attributes.  My experience with 
the DNS documents is that it is good to document the non-features too.

-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                            +1-703-227-9854
ARIN Research Engineer

"I'm sorry, sir, your flight is delayed for maintenance.  We are
pounding out the dents from the last landing."

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:27:14 -0400

> is to add to the example a IPv6 address example....

Sure, that's easy.

> the DNS documents is that it is good to document the non-features too.

That's easy, too.

-Scott-