Subject: [ietf-provreg] Boolean vs. Enumerated

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 14:43:26 -0400

> So, from the chair's view, it seems like we have a proposal that is 
> generally accepted plus a modification to placate the outstanding 
> issue.

If that's the case, can we focus on discussing the issue of a boolean flag
vs. a set of enumerated values and the set of values that Andy listed?

I'm not sure I understand the practical difference between "do not disclose"
and "do not disclose because this is personal data".  Why does the "because
this is personal data" matter to the server operator once I have the "do not
disclose" part?  If there is no difference we're back to two values that are
essentially boolean.

-Scott-

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:30:23 -0400

> disclose" part?  If there is no difference we're back to two values that are

In today's world, I'm not sure there are any practical differences.  I 
think most people would treat both equally for right now.

-andy

---

From: Rick Wesson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 11:56:09 -0700 (PDT)

the reason for non-disclosure is not in the IESG requirements as discussed
in SF and I do not believe we need to acknolege why its ns not disclosed in
the protocol.

-rick