Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Domain expiration and the poll command

From: "Gould, James" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 09:43:41 -0400

Antony,

We currently don't send out any expiration notifications, but I agree that
this is a good idea.  I would either come up with a custom notification
message or utilize the info response (prior to the delete) along with a
specific <msgQ> <msg> element like "Expired domain deleted".  We came up
with several different custom notification messages for events like a
restore command that did not have a report within the required 5 day period.
The check response would serve as well, but the info response would provide
more information like the expiration date.     

JG

James F. Gould
VeriSign Naming and Directory Services
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Antony Perkov
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 9:02 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [ietf-provreg] Domain expiration and the poll command

When a domain is deleted due to expiration, what should the service message
(to be retrieved by the poll command) look like? It seems to me that this
would be a good thing to have some uniformity on, but I can't work it out
from the RFC documents.

Specifically I'm interested in what the resData element should look like.
The domain:delete response doesn't specify a resData element so that's no
good. I'm thinking the closest thing might be the resData element for a
domain:check response. Does this sound reasonable?

---

From: "Antony Perkov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:34:43 +0100

You're probably right, the extra details the info response provides could be
useful, especially the ROID. I discounted the info response at first because
it seemed a little fat, but that was probably just premature optimisation on
my part...

Thanks for the response.

> From: Gould, James [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: 21 May 2004 14:44
> To: 'Antony Perkov'; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] Domain expiration and the poll command
> 
> Antony,
>