Subject: RE: [ietf-provreg] 3730 <poll> Text Change Proposal

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:32:27 -0400

At 9:23 -0400 8/29/05, Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:

>OK, so how about this:
>
>OLD (section 2.9.2.3):
>Service messages MUST be created for all clients affected by an action
>on an object.  For example, <transfer> actions MUST be reported to both
>the client that requests an object transfer and the client that has the
>authority to approve or reject the transfer request.
>
>NEW:
>Service messages SHOULD be created for passive clients affected by an
>action on an object.  Service messages MAY also be created for active
>clients that request an action on an object, though such messages MUST
>NOT replace the normal protocol response to the request.  For example,
><transfer> actions SHOULD be reported to the client that has the
>authority to approve or reject a transfer request.  Other methods of
>server-client action notification, such as offline reporting, are also
>possible and are beyond the scope of this specification.

Looks good to me...(I see the next version is out, so maybe a "late" reply.)
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

If you knew what I was thinking, you'd understand what I was saying.