Subject: [ietf-provreg] Implementation Report Findings

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:53:31 -0400

I've started writing the implementation report needed to move the EPP
documents from Proposed Standard status to Draft Standard Status.  While
looking at the implementation test matrix that was described on the list
some time ago, I found that there's only one feature that no one has
reported testing: use of the "roid" attribute when doing a domain
transfer.

Has anyone implemented this feature?  We need to document a successful
client-server test if this feature is to remain in the protocol.  If we
can't document a successful test, it's supposed to be removed before the
domain mapping (3731/3731bis) can advance.  That means a schema change,
protocol version revision, etc.

Please reply here if you've implemented this feature.

-Scott-

---

From: Patrick Mevzek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:30:58 +0200

Hollenbeck, Scott <[email-masked]> 2006-08-21 17:09
> reported testing: use of the "roid" attribute when doing a domain

[..]

> Please reply here if you've implemented this feature.

Implemented in my client, see
http://search.cpan.org/src/PMEVZEK/Net-DRI-0.30/lib/Net/DRI/Protocol/EPP/Core/Domain.pm
function transfer_request (line 505)
adding authInfo in line 517,
including roid if it was provided.

I do not know which registries implements it,
nor which registrars use it.

-- 
Patrick Mevzek
Dot and Co <http://www.dotandco.com/>

---

From: Klaus Malorny <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:49:46 +0200

> Please reply here if you've implemented this feature.

Hi Scott,

although this feature is obviously not implemented anywhere, I personally would 
not remove it, simply because of the symmetry and the "E" in EPP. Being 
implemented somewhere is not a good indication of being worth to be supported in 
future versions of the protocol anyway. For example, the "ok" status value is 
likely implemented by all registries, but it is factually completely useless, as 
there would be no loss of information if it is simply omitted.

Regards,

Klaus

___________________________________________________________________________
      |       |
      | knipp |                   Knipp  Medien und Kommunikation GmbH
       -------                           Technologiepark
                                         Martin-Schmeißer-Weg 9
      Dipl. Inf. Klaus Malorny           44227 Dortmund
      [email-masked]             Tel. +49 231 9703 0

---

From: "Elias Sidenbladh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:23:23 +0200

Hollenbeck, Scott wrote:
> I've started writing the implementation report needed to move 
> the EPP documents from Proposed Standard status to Draft 
> Standard Status.  While looking at the implementation test 
> matrix that was described on the list some time ago, I found 
> that there's only one feature that no one has reported 
> testing: use of the "roid" attribute when doing a domain transfer.
> 
> Has anyone implemented this feature?  We need to document a 
> successful client-server test if this feature is to remain in 
> the protocol.  If we can't document a successful test, it's 
> supposed to be removed before the domain mapping 
> (3731/3731bis) can advance.  That means a schema change, 

Hi all,

The .se EPP-server (that is not in production yet) have implemented this.

Regards,
Elias Sidenbladh
--
Internet Infrastructure Foundation (former NIC-SE)
Tel:+46-8-4523536
Mob:+46-734-315309
Fax:+46-8-4523502
Email:[email-masked]

---

From: "Asbjorn S. Mikkelsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 11:04:39 +0100

Scott,

Using the "roid" attribute in domain transfer is supported on .name. I
am not sure if any registrars have ever used this feature, though.

Asbjorn

-- 
Asbjorn Steira Mikkelsen <[email-masked]>
The Global Name Registry, Limited
_____________________________________________________

Information contained herein is Global Name Registry Proprietary
Information and/or Registry Sensitive Information and is made available
to you because of your interest in or affiliation with our company. This
information is submitted in confidence and its disclosure to you is not
intended to constitute public disclosure or authorization for disclosure
to other parties. Should you have received this email and are not an
intended recipient, please delete this email in its entirety. Global
Name Registry is registered with the Office of the UK Information
Commissioner.