Subject: [ietf-provreg] 4930bis-4934bis Status After IESG Review

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 12:37:07 -0400

Yesterday the IESG reviewed the 4930bis - 4934bis documents for
progression to Standard status.  The good news is that 4930-4933bis were
approved.  The not-quite-as-good news is that 4934bis wasn't approved
because the IESG wants me to update the implementation report I
submitted when the documents were being considered for Draft standard
status.  Here's the old report:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/RFCs3730-3734_implem.txt

There were two specific requests:

Add more info describing the current state of implementation.  I'll do
that, using this note as a guide:

http://www.cafax.se/ietf-provreg/maillist/2008-12/msg00019.html

I was also asked to add a row to the 3734/4934 section to describe "TLS
server certificate verification".  This is a client-side check to ensure
that clients are confirming the identity of the server as described in
section 9 of 4934bis.  So, I need some help from the folks that
submitted client-side info for the original report (Dot Registrar and
Key Systems).  Please speak up if you're still here.

The question: are you receiving server identification information in the
server certificate and are you taking steps to ensure that the given
identity is what you expect it to be?

If I can't find these two guys I'm going to need to work with one or two
client implementers to redo the client columns in the report.  Please
let me know if you're willing to help with that.

-Scott-

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
List run by majordomo software.  For (Un-)subscription and similar details
send "help" to [email-masked]

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:27:01 +0200

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:37:07PM -0400,
 Hollenbeck, Scott <[email-masked]> wrote 

> http://www.ietf.org/IESG/Implementations/RFCs3730-3734_implem.txt

Actually
<http://www.ietf.org/iesg/implementation/report-rfc3730-3734.txt>

(Otherwise, it is a 404)

---

From: "Hollenbeck, Scott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 06:59:06 -0400

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Stephane Bortzmeyer [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:27 AM
> To: Hollenbeck, Scott
> Cc: [email-masked]; Alexey Melnikov
> Subject: Re: 4930bis-4934bis Status After IESG Review
> 
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:37:07PM -0400,  Hollenbeck, Scott 
> <[email-masked]> wrote  a message of 36 lines which said:
> 

It looks like the URL changed with the recent site redesign.

-Scott-