Subject: [provreg] An alternative to bulk access EPP extensions or IRIS

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 08:31:01 -0400

Dear colleagues,

The recent discussion about bulk access reporting and the widespread
lack of IRIS deployment is timely, because some of us are making
another run at whois.  There are currently four drafts available on
this topic: draft-fiorelli-weirds-rws,
draft-kucherawy-weirds-requirements,
draft-newton-weirds-arin-whoisrws, and
draft-sheng-weirds-icann-rws-dnrd.  (You can find all of these by
going to http://tools.ietf.org/id/weirds).

"WEIRDS" stands for WHOIS-based Extensible Internet Registration Data
Service.

We've also got a mailing list set up:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/weirds.  We are actively seeking
comment on the drafts. 

Best,

Andrew

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]