Subject: pre-draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-05.txt

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 18:54:45 +0100

I have made the following updates to draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-04.txt

Added PWE3-PID to the Terminology section

<
<    PWE3 Payload Type    A identifier used to distinguish between
<    Identifier           an MPLS IP payload and a CW that is not
<    (PWE3-PID)           ECMP safe.
<

Changed MPLS PID to PWE3 PID (or PWE3 Payload Type Identifier)
everywhere as appropriate.

Consistently changed the text to read "forwarder" rather than "FWRD"
to make the text more readable

Changed Figure 11 to:

+---------------------+
|      Payload        |
/=====================\
H Payload Convergence H--+
H---------------------H  |       +--------------------------------+
H       Timing        H--------->|              RTP               |
H---------------------H  |       +--------------------------------+
H     Sequencing      H--+------>| Flags, Frag, Len, Seq #, etc   |
\=====================/  |       +--------------------------------+
|  PW Demultiplexer   |----+     |    PWE3 Payload Type Ident     |
+---------------------+  | |     +--------------------------------+
|  PSN Convergence    |--+ +---->|           PW Label             |
+---------------------+          +--------------------------------+
|        PSN          |--------->| Outer Label or MPLS-in-IP encap|
+---------------------+          +--------------------------------+
|      Data-link      |
+---------------------+
|       Physical      |
+---------------------+

   Figure 11: PWE3 over an MPLS PSN using a control word

(I know that I have a request to the list about this, and will change
it back if that is consensus)

Changed XiPeng Xiao's  affiliation to Riverstone Networks
Changed my own office address.

I have posted a preview of the draft to

ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/stbryant/pre-draft-ietf-pwe3-arch-05.txt

I would like some quick feedback before I submit the draft in the
usual way.

Thanks

Stewart