Subject: PW Status negotiation procedure text issue

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:10:07 -0700

Hello!

It has been pointed out that the following text in section "5.3.3. 
Pseudowire Status Negotiation Procedures" has a flaw in it :

---

   "A PE that supports the PW Status TLV MUST include it in the initial
   label mapping signaling as part of the PW FEC and following the
   interface parameters field. The PW Status TLV will be used for the
   lifetime of the Pseudowire for PEs that support this TLV.

   If the PW Status TLV is not present in the initial PW FEC Message
   received by a PE, then the PW Status TLV will not be used and both
   PEs of the pseudowire will revert to the label withdraw procedure for
   signaling status changes.

   If PW status TLV is sent as part of the initial PW FEC Message, but
   the remote PE corresponding FEC advertisement does not include a PW
   status TLV, or the remote PE does not support the PW Status TLV then
   the PW will revert to the label withdraw method to signal PW status.
   Note that if the PW Status TLV is not supported it will automatically
   be ignored since the LDP ignore bit is set."

----

According to the picture following the text the  PW Status TLV MUST 
immediately follow the PE FEC,  and is not actually part of the PW FEC

I will change the text to be :

---

   "A PE that supports the PW Status TLV MUST include it in the initial
   label mapping signaling immediately following the PW FEC and the
   interface parameters field. The PW Status TLV will be used for the
   lifetime of the Pseudowire for PEs that support this TLV.

   If the PW Status TLV is not present immediately following the initial PW FEC Message
   received by a PE, then the PW Status TLV will not be used and both
   PEs supporting the pseudowire will revert to the label withdraw procedure for
   signaling status changes.

   If PW status TLV is sent immediately following the initial PW FEC Message, but
   the remote PE corresponding FEC advertisement does not include a PW
   status TLV, or the remote PE does not support the PW Status TLV, then
   the PW will revert to the label withdraw method to signal PW status.
   Note that if the PW Status TLV is not supported it will automatically
   be ignored since the LDP ignore bit is set."

----

Since the picture is correct , I consider this just correcting the 
english text , and not worth sending out an update now.
( I also corrected about 3 or 4 spelling errors elsewhere in this document )

Thanks.
Luca