Subject: Re: New PWE3 Charter Items: SPVC Interworking

From: Ping Pan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 14:07:28 -0500 (EST)

I support this topic to become a part of the charter, as we have heard the
similar concerns from the carriers.

- Ping

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, George Swallow wrote:

> For those of you who weren't at the last IETF, what I'm talking aabout
> is covered in draft-swallow-pwe3-spvc-iw-00.txt.
>
> The issue is that service providers which offer Frame Relay and ATM SPVC
> services would like a smooth means of migrating users to MPLS/PWE3.
> During the transition there will be the need to connect access circuits
> which have one end attached to the existing FR/ATM net and the other to
> a PWE3 PE.  The providers would like a more elegant solution than just a
> static splice.  This is needed to simplify configuration and operations
> and to provide robustness during the transition.  Some providers are
> looking at transitions that will occur over a period of years.
>
> ...George
>
> ========================================================================
> George Swallow             Cisco Systems                  (978) 936-1398
>                            1414 Massachusetts Avenue
>                            Boxborough, MA 01719
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> pwe3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3
>

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:10:57 -0500

Agreed. This is a good idea.

	--Tom

> The issue is that service providers which offer Frame Relay 
> and ATM SPVC services would like a smooth means of migrating users to
MPLS/PWE3.
> During the transition there will be the need to connect 
> access circuits which have one end attached to the existing FR/ATM net
and 
> the other to a PWE3 PE.  The providers would like a more elegant
solution 
> than just a static splice.  This is needed to simplify configuration
and 
> operations and to provide robustness during the transition.  Some
providers are