Subject: [Fwd: IANA alloacation document text sample.]

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:16:15 -0700

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	IANA alloacation document text sample.
Date: 	Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:05:01 -0700
From: 	Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
To: 	Eric Rosen (erosen) <[email-masked]>, Gray, Eric 
<[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked]

Eric & Eric & WG,

Below is a sample text of what I am thinking about writing in the IANA 
document. As far as I can remember this reflects the consensus we 
reached in the PWE3 meeting in Minneapolis.
Please let me know if the grammar need improvement , or we need to 
change the allocation policy...
In general I will allocate a small portion of the space to IETF 
consensus , and the rest to first come first served space.
The only exception would be the status messaging type where I think to 
reverse this, because there is very little space , so maybe only 4 bits 
should be first come first served. is that ok ?

Thanks.
Luca

"Pseudowire Type"

IANA needs to set up a registry of "Pseudowire Type".  These are 15-bit
values.  PW Type values 1 through 127 are to be assigned by IANA using the
"IETF Consensus" policy defined in RFC2434. PW Type values 128 through 32767
are to be assigned by IANA, using the "First Come First Served" policy
defined in RFC2434. In addition to the "First Come First Served" policy, an
Internet draft describing the intended use for the code point to be
allocated, MUST exists at the time of allocation. This Internet draft MAY
be targeted to become an informational RFC, but in any case the allocation
will not depend in any way on the status of the Internet draft.
A Pseudowire Type description of up to 65 characters is required for any
assignment from this registry. The registry MUST contain the name of the
Internet draft at the time of code point allocation.