Subject: RE: draft-raggarwa-rsvpte-pw-01.txt

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:12:23 +0300

> To take  this a  bit further, I  would say  that with the  
> existing protocol model, traffic engineering of PWs  reduces 
> to the traffic engineering of the PSN  tunnels through which  
> the PWs  travel.  The  tunnel setup  protocol is independent 
> of  the PW setup protocol, and  RSVP-TE could be used  to set 
> up the tunnels.  I don't see what's  lacking in this model, 
> but perhaps someone can provide a detailed example  in which 
> some putative requirement cannot be met with this  model.  

Eric, 

For TDM PWs we frequenctly need QoS guarantees at the PW level.
I would like to have reserved BW or maximum delay 
(or even better minimum PDV) for each PW in the tunnel. 

To a certain extent I can divide the BW among PWs using 
presently available mechanisms, 
but if I want to put e.g. Ethernet PWs and TDM PWs into a single MPLS
tunnel 
I have no way to properly configure the PWs
to take the different traffic characteristics into account.

Y(J)S