Subject: RE: draft-raggarwa-rsvpte-pw-01.txt

From: "Vach Kompella" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 15:54:49 -0800

Hi Rahul,

> >
> > -  Problem space (PS) 1: proposes rsvp-te as an alternative
> >    to LDP/PW for PW regardless what problem is
> >    being solved (single-segment, multi-segment, QoS,
> >    explicit route, etc). Looks to me the draft-id
> >    reflects this problem space (and hence the current
> >    debate on protocols).
> 
> This is not the intention. The primary motivation for RSVP-TE 
> is "MS-PW Traffic Engineering". I will be happy to work with 
> you to clarify the problem space definition in the ID.

Why is this not the intention?  Why have a different signaling mechanism
to address the single segment PW?  It seems a little near-sighted not to
see the direction this should take us ...

... and one protocol to rule them all :-)

> rahul

-Vach