Subject: RE: PWE3 Charter Update

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:31:22 -0500

Neil,

I think that's already covered in the revised charter:

"Define requirements for and mechanisms to provide interconnection of PWs 
(to include inter-domain PWs)."

Cheers,
Andy

-----------

At 3/14/2005 09:11 PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
>Is it possible to say what PWE3 are going to do about IP L2tpv3 and MPLS
>RSVP-TE (or modified LDP) signalling i/w wrt MH PWs?
>
>regards, Neil

---

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:37:33 -0700

On Mar 14, 2005, at 2:31 PM, Andrew G. Malis wrote:

> "Define requirements for and mechanisms to provide interconnection of 
> PWs (to include inter-domain PWs)."

I agree..

-danny

---

From: Danny McPherson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:37:00 -0700

> RSVP-TE (or modified LDP) signalling i/w wrt MH PWs?

Neil,
I believe we indeed need to hash this out as well, though
I suspect signaling protocol issue itself will be (should be)
dictated by the associated requirements and required mechanisms
(which are provided for in the charter) and WG participant
interests -- i.e., I don't think we're in a clear position to
effectively endorse, or is it enforce, one protocol over another.

-danny