Subject: MS-PW signaling draft

From: "Shah, Himanshu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 18:56:06 -0500

All,

Attached is a proposal to signal multi-segment (i.e. multi-hop)
PW using downstream unsolicited LDP which 
- Eliminates the need to pre-configure pseudo wire halves at 
  switching PEs 
- Provides QOS information to each switching PE in order for them to 
  intelligently manage the network resources 
- Uses the existing pseudo wire control protocol methodologies 
- provides resiliency by creating backup pw paths

Comments are welcome.

If schedule permits, I intend to discuss this proposal at upcoming
IETF in PWE3 WG (I have a tentative slot).

regards,
himanshu

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3