Subject: RE: draft-raggarwa-rsvpte-pw-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 16:12:02 -0000

Chris,
 
Regardless of which signalling protocol is used, in order to protect against S-PE failure 1+1 protection will be required for at least a subset of MS-PWs, in a large network this could well be in the order of 1,000's or 10,000's. Unfortunately there is no getting around this.
 
Regards,
Richard

	-----Original Message----- 
	From: [email-masked] on behalf of Chris Liljenstolpe 
	Sent: Wed 23/03/2005 13:18 
	To: [email-masked] 
	Cc: 
	Subject: RE: [PWE3] draft-raggarwa-rsvpte-pw-01.txt

	-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
	Hash: SHA1
	
	At this time, I do not support making this draft a working group item. 
	I have yet to see a substantial set of formal requirements and a case
	that the existing methods do not meet those requirements.
	
	Much talk has been raised, such as re-route of PW's, that I think, in
	reality, are not relevant. When this work was started, it was commonly
	understood that the underlying network would handle traffic
	engineering, fault restoration, and the like.  Speaking as a past
	operator, I would much prefer having 10's or 100's of traffic
	engineering tunnels rerouting in the event of a network event, than
	1000's or 10000's of service or PW tunnels doing the same thing,  Let's
	leave the separation where it makes sense.  The things that RSVP-TE
	excels in belongs in the underlying "transport" of the service, not the
	service itself.
	
	        Chris
	-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
	Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (Darwin)
	
	iQEVAwUBQkGzCWmx2Mt/+Iw/AQIm+Qf8ChlvB2T0GBlwmWqimm3k/GDmXB6sHIBM
	nzqa5mELPydLDwINHnAMXHF14Hr3OfZRXBQuOvpeM1Zhg4zjSIUbT8egvgA/bBd3
	3gKW2qXx6t10McwnRDgPpNjdxt5BG9dDpB74786zSxjCEUqWi4YkAhFVppMSSVYK
	zx4zz9ZexZisc6bir5zRpfHlOg6RPmS2NQm6DAT/DTrwr7Q/WfZhZhgbuU6/d5H4
	n02aAbuNz6ebf43NBObP0eJ1szjfldFCASTq9j1UdgEgdCAd2NxkOlnXXOTy5CM3
	F0V1SdqBsgeJXYfXecltAT1r2JB6R5eHKdRhkT8H4xCjHfIoAKjZJA==
	=46Rf
	-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

	_______________________________________________
	pwe3 mailing list
	[email-masked]
	https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3