Subject: RE : draft-raggarwa-rsvpte-pw-01.txt

From: "DELORD Simon RD-RESA-LAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 13:54:41 +0100

Dear WG members,

LDP is today the default mechanism for the setup of PWs,and I 
do not think that RSVP-TE is proposed in this draft to replace 
LDP but targets specific cases.If we consider an example where 
RSVP-TE tunnels between PEs exist and that we need to use 
MS-PWs between them, an extension of RSVP-TE seems like a good 
idea to me (as RSVP-TE already supports ERO, CAC and so 
forth). We just need to make sure that the datapath behavior, 
the OAM & the endpoint identifiers (AGI, AII) will be the same 
no matter what the setup protocol is. I hope this helps,
			Simon 

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Stewart Bryant
Envoyé : mercredi 23 mars 2005 12:32
À : pwe3
Objet : [PWE3] draft-raggarwa-rsvpte-pw-01.txt

At IETF62 the authors of

Setup and Maintenance of Pseudowires using RSVP-TE ftp://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-raggarwa-rsvpte-pw-01.txt

asked for the draft to become a WG draft.

What is the view of members of the PWE3 WG?

Stewart

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3