Subject: [PWE3] Re: draft-ietf-pwe3-cell-transport-02.txt

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 16:50:15 +0100

Andy

I was taking a final look at this to see if it was OK to pass over to Mark
and noticed a few things:

It does not pass the nits script at

http://ietf.levkowetz.com/tools/idnits/idnits.pyht

--------

3. Transparent Cell Transport Definition

    The transparent port service is a natural application of the "N-to-
    one" VCC cell transport mode for PWE3 ATM encapsulation described in
    [2], and MAY ONLY be used with pseudowires of type 0x0003, "ATM
    transparent cell transport" [4].

s/MAY ONLY/MUST/

--------

    "Maximum Number of concatenated ATM cells" Interface Parameter

Should now be : Pseudowire Interface Parameter Sub-TLV type

    (Interface Parameter ID = 0x02 [4]) received in the Label Mapping
    message for the Pseudo Wire, and MUST NOT use cell concatenation if
    this parameter has been omitted by the egress PE.

--------

4. Security Considerations

    This draft does not introduce any new security considerations beyond
    those in [2] and [3]. This document defines an application that
    utilizes the encapsulation specified in [2], and does not specify the
    protocols used to carry the encapsulated packets across the PSN. Such
    protocols include MPLS and L2TPv3. Each such protocol may have its

If you are going to include L2TPv3 here, you really need to call up
the L2TPv3 ATM encap draft and talk about the signaling issues, encap
etc.

--------

5. IANA Considerations

    This document does not define any new registries for IANA to
    maintain.

Actually there are no IANA actions at all.

Regards

Stewart

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 11:53:51 -0400

Stewart,

Thanks for the comments.  I'll get out another revision this afternoon.

Cheers,
Andy

--------