Subject: [PWE3] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-roth-pwe3-fc-encap-01.txt

From: "Robert Snively" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:48:21 -0700

Transporting Fibre Channel frames over Pseudowire is one of the major
new functions in the FC-BB-4 Project Proposal that T11 forwarded to
INCITS during its 6 October Plenary.

The cited Internet Draft is the IETF half of this puzzle, in keeping
with the principles established by FCIP (RFC 3821) and FC-BB-2.

If you find the cited Internet Draft interesting, I am sure the
FC-BB-4 Working Group will be pleased to welcome you to their Wednesday
afternoon (7 December) meeting in Garden Grove, CA.  See www.t11.org for
meeting logistics.
INCITS T11 does not charge a meeting fee or require registration at this
time.

All the best,

Ralph Weber (forwarded by Snively, Chair T11)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 7:50 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-roth-pwe3-fc-encap-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Encapsulation Methods for Transport of Fibre 
                          Channel frames Over MPLS Networks
	Author(s)	: M. Roth, et al.
	Filename	: draft-roth-pwe3-fc-encap-01.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 2005-10-12
	
A Fibre Channel Pseudowire (PW) is used to carry Fibre Channel frames
over an MPLS network. This enables service providers to offer "emulated"
Fibre Channel services over existing MPLS networks. This document
specifies the encapsulation of Fibre Channel PDUs within a pseudowire.
It also specifies the procedures for using a PW to provide a Fibre
Channel service.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-roth-pwe3-fc-encap-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-roth-pwe3-fc-encap-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-roth-pwe3-fc-encap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3