Subject: [PWE3] draft-zi-pwe3-link-aggr-member-status-00.txt

From: zikang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:05:17 +0800

Dear all,
I have submitted a new internet draft to the PWE3 working group.
This draft suggests a method to signal the status of the member interface of
Link Aggregation AC to remote PE.
Abstract of the draft are at the bottom of this email.
I would appreciate any feedback and comments.

Sincerely,
Zi Kang
-----------

Abstract

   Link Aggregation can be used as Attachment Circuit (AC) of the PWE3
   service. Link Aggregation is treated as a single interface. But
   changes in the the member interface may affect use of the aggregated
   link.

   This draft suggests a method to signal the status of the member
   interface of Link Aggregation AC to remote Provider Edge (PE) device.
   With this status information, the remote PE can decide to discard
   traffic over bandwidth, avoid congestion at local PE and avoid wasted
   bandwidth of the Packet Switched Network (PSN).
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3