Subject: [PWE3] Draft Vancouver Minutes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 05:08:21 +0000

Please find attached the draft minutes form the Vancouver PWE3
meeting.Please let me know if you have any comments / corrections by Monday
22nd Nov.

Best regards,

Matthew
(See attached file: PWE3-IETF64- Minutes-00-1.txt)
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:02:59 -0500

The MFA Forum liaison statement discussed in the last item in the 
minutes can be found online at 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file206.txt .

Thanks,
Andy

---------

---

From: dimitri papadimitriou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:08:45 +0100

i was in front of the room (screen side) when the following question has 
been asked "Stewart Bryant: Asks who should and who should not make a WG 
draft:" and the impression from the poll is not correctly reported with 
"Not overwhelmingly in favour." as the show-hand (which not a one by one 
counting anyway) was more or less equivalent to the impression left with 
the previous poll

now, the following is also not correctly reported "Stewart Bryant: Is 
there consensus to make this a WG draft?: a few. Will ask the question 
to the list." this was not question asked but instead something along 
"who is opposed" and indeed only a few raised their hand

---

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:38:45 +0000

dimitri papadimitriou wrote:

> i was in front of the room (screen side) when the following question 
> has been asked "Stewart Bryant: Asks who should and who should not 
> make a WG draft:" and the impression from the poll is not correctly 
> reported with "Not overwhelmingly in favour." as the show-hand (which 
> not a one by one counting anyway) was more or less equivalent to the 
> impression left with the previous poll
>
> "who is opposed" and indeed only a few raised their hands

Dimitri

Presumable we are talking about the MS-RSVP draft here?

Matthew's account of the meeting agrees with my recallection.

I was also at the front and saw a few supporters for making your draft
a WG item, but nothing like the number I saw for the MS-arch or MS-LDP
drafts, or indeed for not making any LDP vs RSVP decision at all.

For the sake of the minutes we should cross check what was reported
in Jabber.

However as you know it's list consensus that counts. I want to talk
to Mark about some of his comments at the meeting and subsequently
concerning making a choice now vs later. When I have done that, we
will poll the list to see how the WG wishes to proceed.

- Stewart

---

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:10:08 -0700

Stewart,

You recollection agrees with what I saw as well. I hope this thread 
about minutes settles soon , so we can move on to more interesting 
technical  discussions ...

Thanks.
Luca

Stewart Bryant wrote:
>> there consensus to make this a WG draft?: a few. Will ask the 
>> question to the list." this was not question asked but instead 
>> something along "who is opposed" and indeed only a few raised their 
>> hands
>
>
> Dimitri
>

---

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 17:10:18 -0700

Stewart,

Thanks.
Luca

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:21:40 +0000

The jabber log says the following:

"Stewart: vote? more in favor of becoming a WG draft, but not overwhelming.
Will move to list. "

This seems to concur with what I noted.

Matthew

                      Luca Martini                                                                                                     
                      <lmartini@cisco.         To:      Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>                                            
                      com>                     cc:      Matthew BOCCI/GB/ALCATEL@ALCATEL, [email-masked]                                
                      Sent by:                 Subject: Re: [PWE3] Draft Vancouver Minutes                                             
                      pwe3-bounces@iet                                                                                                 
                      f.org                                                                                                            

                      18/11/2005 00:10                                                                                                 

Stewart,

Thanks.
Luca