Subject: [PWE3] CESoPSN trunk services vs basic services with CAS

From: "Nuno Borges" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:13:12 -0000

Hello everyone,

I would like to know that are the applications that can be covered by
CESoPSN trunk-specific services with CAS as mentioned in
draft-ietf-pwe3-cesopsn-05.txt, section 6.4 that are NOT covered by the
CESoPSN basic NxDS0 services extended with CE application signaling as
mentioned in draft-ietf-pwe3-cesopsn-05.txt, section 6.2 and 6.3.

As far as I understand, basic NxDS0 services allow DS0
switching/grooming and CAS is still preserved over the PSN.
Trunk-specific services with CAS, preserve the original TDM multiframe
structure and CAS signaling but no DS0 switching is possible. The
complete trunk or a subset of its DS0s are carried over the PSN to
another trunk.

What advantage does the support of trunk-specific services brings over
the support of basic NxDS0 services ?

Thank you.

Nuno Borges
SIEMENS SA 
IC Information and Communications
RD1 Research & Development 1
TRP SE Systems Engineering
* [email-masked]
*+351.21.424.2209   *+351.21.424.2082

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3