Subject: [PWE3] Change to PWE# atm encapsulation draft - removing strict requirement of ATM SDU mode to use rfc4447

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 11:22:50 -0600

WG,

MAtthew, and I noticed the following text i nthe currrent version 10 of
the atm encapsulation draft:

"This OPTIONAL encapsulation supports the AAL5 model. This mode allows
the transport of ATM AAL5 CSPS-SDUs traveling on a particular ATM PVC
across the network to another ATM PVC. The protocol described in
[RFC4447] MUST be used to setup a PW of type 0x0002 "ATM AAL5 SDU VCC
transport" as allocated in [RFC4446]."

THe text was imported into version 8 from the control draft ( now
rfc4447 ), because of a comment fro mthe AD at the time  ( Thomas ).

I do not remember why the "MUST" is in this text. and I would like to
suggest that we change it to the following:

This encapsulation mode is used by a  PW of type 0x0002 "ATM AAL5 SDU
VCC transport" as allocated in [RFC4446].

Please let me know if there are any ojections.

Thanks.
Luca

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3