Subject: [PWE3] new SG15 liaison

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 18:28:37 +0100

A new SG15 liaison has been issued - this one directed at us.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=218

If you commentto the list I will gather these together
and compose a reply which I will post here before formally
replying.

I suggest that we confine our comments to matters that are
specific to PWE3, and comment on MPLS matter through the
MPLS WG

Regards

Stewart

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 18:38:06 -0700

> specific to PWE3, and comment on MPLS matter through the

Re PWE3 issues ...

The liaison mentions but does not include a proposed modification to the
Scope.  That modification adds a claim that "a T-MPLS network will not
peer directly with an IP/MPLS network".  The data plane behavior of the
one currently supported adaptation ("EVC") is intended to be exactly the
same as an Ethernet pseudowire (Y.1415 is based on what became rfc4448).
 Therefore the statement is not true.  They will interoperate at the
level of the pseudowire, e.g. a multi-segment PW could span adjacent
"full" MPLS and "subset" T-MPLS networks connected by an S-PE,
regardless of what else T-MPLS does not do.  I believe this would be
called a "common adaptation layer" in SG13.  Signaling interworking, if
any, is TBD, but there certainly can be data plane interworking.
Perhaps this should be pointed out to them.

swb