Subject: [PWE3] Protocol Action: 'Wildcard Pseudowire Type' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 18:38:02 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Wildcard Pseudowire Type '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-wildcard-pw-type-02.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Mark Townsley and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-wildcard-pw-type-02.txt

Technical Summary

Pseudowire signaling requires that the Pseudowire Type (PW Type) be
identical in both directions. For certain applications the
configuration of the PW Type is most easily accomplished by
configuring this information at just one PW endpoint. In any form of
LDP-based signaling, each PW endpoint must initiate the creation of a
unidirectional LSP. In order to allow the initiation of these two
LSPs to remain independent, a means of allowing the PW endpoint
lacking a priori knowledge of the PW Type to initiate the creation of
an LSP is needed. This document defines a Wildcard PW Type to
satisfy this need.

Working Group Summary

This document has been reviewed by the experts in the PWE3 WG. It
has been explicitly requested by the MFA that we expedite completion
as they need to reference it in their work.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed for the IESG by Mark Townsley.

Note to RFC Editor
 
Please make the reference to RFC3985 informative rather than normative.

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3