Subject: [PWE3] RFC 4863 on Wildcard Pseudowire Type

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 14:04:05 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4863

        Title:      Wildcard Pseudowire Type 
        Author:     L. Martini, G. Swallow
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       May 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11321
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-wildcard-pw-type-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4863.txt

Pseudowire signaling requires that the Pseudowire Type (PW Type) be
identical in both directions.  For certain applications the
configuration of the PW Type is most easily accomplished by
configuring this information at just one PW endpoint.  In any form of
LDP-based signaling, each PW endpoint must initiate the creation of a
unidirectional LSP.  In order to allow the initiation of these two
LSPs to remain independent, a means is needed for allowing the PW endpoint
(lacking a priori knowledge of the PW Type) to initiate the creation of
an LSP.  This document defines a Wildcard PW Type to
satisfy this need.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3