Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-fc-encap-04.txt - a couple of small items

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:51:04 -0400

I took a quick look at this draft and the corresponding T11 FC-BB-4 work
and noticed a couple of things:

(1) New text (in -04, not in -03) in Section 6.1.2 says:

	In case the transmission rate is equal to CIR for a period
greater 
	than RTT, and transmitted frames are still lost in transit, as 
	indicated to the sender by receiving SREJ frames, the sender MAY

	signal PW status of "insufficient network capacity for PW" as 
	requested from IANA.

but I don't see anything in the IANA Considerations section about this.
If this request was made in a different draft, that draft needs to be
referenced here, and language describing a pending request to IANA is
not appropriate for a published RFC (at least put in an IANA note
telling
IANA what to do and/or an RFC Editor Note telling the RFC Editor what
text needs to be deleted before publication).

(2) Recent discussion in T11 has identified a need for an FC-PW
"error indication frame".  This appears to need another Payload Type
(PT)
value in Section 4.1 - I think a PT value of 5 may have been intended
for
this usage based on T11 discussion.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3