Subject: [PWE3] Some comments on draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-03.txt

From: "PIRBHAI Shafiq" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 12:50:14 -0500

1) Referring to RFC 4447 Section 5.1, "Incompatible bit-rate" and
"CEP/TDM mis-configuration" are described in both [CEP] (RFC 4842) and
in draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-03.txt .   
RFC 4447 states that "Generic Misconfiguration Error" described in the
[SATOP] (RFC 4553).  There is some mention of it in SATOP but it does
not give details on when should a misconfiguration result in "CEP/TDM
mis-configuration" status code and/or when should it result in "Generic
Misconfiguration Error" status code.
Can someone explain the distinction and add details to Section 5 of
draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-03.txt 
 
2) draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-03.txt incorrectly
states that the status code is defined in section 5.3 of RFC 4447.  It
should be corrected to state that it is defined in "sections 5.1 and 7.2
of RFC 4447".

Summary of sections below:
A) http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4447
(Section 5.1)
   The following new LDP error codes are also defined:

   Status Code                                     Specified in Section
   ====================================================================
   "Illegal C-Bit"                                         6.1
   "Wrong C-Bit"                                           6.2
   "Incompatible bit-rate"                                [CEP
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4447#ref-CEP> ]
   "CEP/TDM mis-configuration"                            [CEP
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4447#ref-CEP> ]
   "PW status"                                            5.4.2
   "Unassigned/Unrecognized TAI"                          5.3.3
   "Generic Misconfiguration Error"                      [SAToP
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4447#ref-SAToP> ]
   "Label Withdraw PW Status Method Not Supported"        5.4.1
B)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi-
03
(Section 5)

 In addition to the status codes defined in section 5.3
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-tdm-control-protocol-extensi
-03#section-5.3>  of [RFC4447 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4447> ],
 the following status codes defined in [RFC4446
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4446> ] MUST be used to
 indicate the reason of failure to establish a TDM PW:

 1. Incompatible bit rate:
     a) In the case of mismatch of T1 encapsulation modes (basic vs.
        octet-aligned)
     b) In case of mismatch in the number of timeslots for NxDS0 basic
        services or trunk-specific NxDS0 services with CAS
 2. CEP/TDM mis-configuration:
     a) In the case of mismatch in the desired usage of RTP header
     b) In the case of mismatch of the desired timestamping clock
        frequency
     c) In the case of mismatch of expected signaling packets behavior
        for basic CESoPSN NxDS0 services extended to carry CE
        application signaling in separate signaling packets
     d) In the case of trunk-specific NxDS0 services with CAS if the
        framing types of the trunks are different
     e) In the case of TDMoIP AAL1 PWs with different AAL1 modes
        specified by the end points

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3