Subject: [PWE3] Ericsson position on approval of G.8114 in Seoul

From: "David Sinicrope" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:42:28 -0600

After internal discussions, the following points describe where Ericsson
stands on TMPLS OAM (G.8114) and the situation between the IETF and the
ITU-T.

1. Ericsson would support approving the G.8114 specification only if all
*technical* problems of the type cited by the T-MPLS design team are
addressed to the mutual satisfaction of the IETF and ITU-T.  The number
of problems and their validity must be debated in ITU-T SG13 and in the
IETF via the IETF process. 

2. Ericsson is supportive of action that continues to keep the IETF and
ITU-T working cooperatively.  The ITU-T must respect the IETF processes
and vice versa.  The concern over the length of time in getting IETF
consensus is the price of using an IETF owned protocol.

Ericsson will not support the approval of G.8114 if there are technical
issues remaining, or issues that jeopardize the working relationship
between the IETF and ITU-T.  We support giving the expert group a chance
to address the issues and we support the proposal that ITU-T shall not
close this before the expert group has addressed the issues. 

Best Regards,
David Sinicrope

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3