Subject: [PWE3] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 13:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Preferential Forwarding Status bit definition
	Author(s)	: P. Muley, M. Aissaoui, M. Bocci, P. Dutta, M. Lasserre
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-00.txt
	Pages		: 28
	Date		: 2008-2-25
	
This document describes a mechanism for standby status signaling of 
   redundant PWs between their termination points. A set of redundant 
   PWs is configured between PE nodes in SS-PW applications, or between 
   T-PE nodes in MS-PW applications.  

   In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to indicate the preferred PW path to 
   forward to one another, a new status bit is needed to indicate a 
   preferential forwarding status of active or standby for each PW in 
   the redundancy set.  

   In addition, a second status bit is defined to allow peer PE/T-PE 
   nodes to coordinate a switchover operation of the PW/MS-PW path. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3