Subject: [PWE3] PW OAM Mapping context: Is VCCV-Ping will always be in no reply mode.?

From: "Raman Rangaswamy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 17:17:35 +0530

Hi,

Can I assume from the below PW OAM message mapping draft section that,

"For PW fault detection, VCCV-Ping will always be in no reply mode,
running periodically"            

Draft: 

Pseudo Wire (PW) OAM Message Mapping

draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-05.txt

Draft Section:

6.1 PW Forward Defect Entry/Exit

- It detects a loss of PW connectivity, including label errors,

       through VCCV-BFD or VCCV-PING in no reply mode.

Thanks,

Raman R

DISCLAIMER:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have 
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3