Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pseudowire (PW) Redundancy
	Author(s)       : P. Muley, M. Bocci
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2008-03-28

This document describes a framework comprised of few scenarios and 
associated requirements where PW redundancy is needed. A set of 
redundant PWs is configured between PE nodes in SS-PW applications, 
or between T-PE nodes in MS-PW applications. In order for the PE/T-PE 
nodes to indicate the preferred PW path to
forward to one another, 
a new status is needed to indicate the
preferential forwarding 
status of active or standby for each PW in
the redundancy set. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3