Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-07 VCCV-BFD

From: "Damodharan Sp" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:26:24 +0530

Hi

    As per my understanding draft-ietf-pwe3-oam-msg-map-07 and VCCV-BFD

1.  VCCV-BFD's detection timer expires in 2 cases, when 
 1. PW is in  Forward Defect alone.
 2. PW is both in Forward Defect and reverse Defect.
 How to differentiate the above if  there is no signaling protocol (e.g
LDP )?

2.  If notification is received from the remote VCCV-BFD session that
the detection timer expired Can this be considered as PW reverse defect?

3.  After detection timer expires if the VCCV-BFD session moves to INIT
state, Can this be considered as Forward Defect Clear.?

 

Regards,

Damodharan.S

DISCLAIMER:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and
intended for the named recipient(s) only.
It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in 
this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily
reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and / or publication of 
this message without the prior written consent of the author of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender
immediately. Before opening any mail and 
attachments please check them for viruses and defect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
	
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3