Subject: [PWE3] Query regarding Multisegment PW

From: Suresh Babu Gajapathy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 09:25:02 +0530

Hi everyone.

I have few queries on Multi Segmented Pseudowire.

I have studied  draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-08.txt<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-08.txt>.

1. How to identify that the entire MS-PW is up.
    The draft says that "A MS-PW is declared UP when all the constituent SS-PWs are UP." in page no -9.
    since 2 independant SS-PW's are created as the Figure (3) in the draft, how does T-PE-1 comes to know that the complete MS-PW is up.
    Does S-PE send some indication on this, or should we explicitly indentify using VCCV Ping.

thanks
suresh

________________________________
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no responsibility forloss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus."
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: "AISSAOUI Mustapha" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 12:54:31 -0500

Suresh,
I sent you a private reply but since the question was sent to the list,
I am forwarding my response.
 
At initial establishment, the receipt of the label mapping message is an
indication that the remote T-PE as well as all T-PE nodes in the path of
the MS-PW have established all segments in one direction. Subsequently,
status TLV is propagated across the MS-PW such that the state of each
segment, as well as that of the two ACs, will be known to each T-PE
node. Of course, there could be a failure in one of the segments that
will cause the label to be withdrawn by an S-PE towards the T-PE. All
these have to be monitored by the T-PE node.

In addition you can use VCCV-Ping and Trace. However, these are
on-demand tools for path verification more than for fault detection.

Mustapha.

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Suresh Babu Gajapathy
	Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 11:55 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [PWE3] Query regarding Multisegment PW

	Hi everyone.

	I have studied  draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-08.txt
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-segmented-pw-08.txt> . 
	 
	1. How to identify that the entire MS-PW is up. 
	    The draft says that "A MS-PW is declared UP when all the
constituent SS-PWs are UP." in page no -9.
	    since 2 independant SS-PW's are created as the Figure (3) in
the draft, how does T-PE-1 comes to know that the complete MS-PW is up. 
	    Does S-PE send some indication on this, or should we
explicitly indentify using VCCV Ping. 
	 
	thanks
	suresh

	 

	"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Aricent and is
intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
It may contain privileged or confidential information and should not be
circulated or used for any purpose other than for what it is intended.
If you have received this message in error,please notify the originator
immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that you are strictly prohibited from using, copying, altering, or
disclosing the contents of this message. Aricent accepts no
responsibility forloss or damage arising from the use of the information
transmitted by this email including damage from virus."