Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 01:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Preferential Forwarding Status bit definition
	Author(s)       : P. Muley, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-01.txt
	Pages           : 29
	Date            : 2008-09-30

This document describes a mechanism for standby status signaling of 
redundant PWs between their termination points. A set of redundant 
PWs is configured between PE nodes in SS-PW applications, or between 
T-PE nodes in MS-PW applications.  

In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to indicate the preferred PW path to 
forward to one another, a new status bit is needed to indicate a 
preferential forwarding status of active or standby for each PW in 
the redundancy set.  

In addition, a second status bit is defined to allow peer PE/T-PE 
nodes to coordinate a switchover operation of the PW/MS-PW path. 

Conventions used in this document 

The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT", 
"SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this 
document are to be interpreted as described in RFC-2119 [1].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3