Subject: Re: [PWE3] P2MP PW REQ Stockholm discussion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 10:39:36 +0800

Hi,
This is my comments, please see inline.

regrads,
chen

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 17:20:33 +0200
From: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [PWE3] P2MP PW REQ Stockholm discussion
To: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <AFC377AFCC0FBD4DABE49F4B81EC4F1A518FF6@ftrdmel1>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hi all,

As explained during my presentation, the P2MP REQ draft has still a few
open issues.
Please let us know your thoughts about the following topics:

1\ P2MP PW MAY be bidirectional. 
Initially this requirement is optional , since that does not address
most of applications we get in mind (see VPMS draft). But please let us
know if there are some reasons to consider this feature as mandatory

chen\ I support. For example time distribution scenrios where a reverse 
path is necessary. 
There should be a reverse path for the slave device to paticipate in the 
whole synchronization 
procedure (e.g. three-way handshake).

2\ Leaf attachment acknoledgement (so from the leaf to the root). 
The Egress PE ack to the root is necessary for at least both reasons 
                 - RSVP-TE P2MP LSP as underlying Layer: the root PE can
update/extend the P2MP TE-LSP accordingly 
                 - RSVP-TE or MLDP LSP as underlying Layer: multiplexing 
rules of
P2MP PW/P2MP LSP (mapping 1:1 to N:1)
However this ack does not represent exactly the leaves of the PW tree
since the Egress PE may deliver the traffic to more than one attached AC
(see Reference Model).
We request the AC ack from the Ingress PE to the Egress PE for NMS
purpose but that can be also relevant for specific protection scheme per
AC. 

chen\ I wonder which scenrios the "NMS purpose" applies to. The NMS could 
monitor the 
P2MP PW status through SNMP from both the Ingress and Egress PEs.

Once more let us know your opinion 

Thanks,
Fred

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.