Subject: [PWE3] Document Action: 'An Architecture for Multi-Segment Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 12:59:09 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'An Architecture for Multi-Segment Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge '
   <draft-ietf-pwe3-ms-pw-arch-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-ms-pw-arch-07.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes an architecture for extending pseudowire
  emulation across multiple packet switched network
  segments. Scenarios are discussed where each segment of a given
  edge-to-edge emulated service spans a different provider's PSN, and
  where the emulated service originates and terminates on the same
  providers PSN, but may pass through several PSN tunnel segments in
  that PSN. It presents an architectural framework for such
  multi-segment pseudowires, defines terminology, and specifies the
  various protocol elements and their functions.

Working Group Summary

  This document has been reviewed by the experts in the PWE3 WG and
  there are no outstanding issues.

Document Quality

  There are no issues of protocol quality.

Personnel

   David Sinicrope ([email-masked]) is the
   Document Shepherd for this document.

   Ralph Droms is the Responsible Area Director.