Subject: [PWE3] RFC 5659 on An Architecture for Multi-Segment Pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 09:17:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5659

        Title:      An Architecture for Multi-Segment Pseudowire 
                    Emulation Edge-to-Edge 
        Author:     M. Bocci, S. Bryant
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       October 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 55614
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-ms-pw-arch-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5659.txt

This document describes an architecture for extending pseudowire
emulation across multiple packet switched network (PSN) segments.  
Scenarios are discussed where each segment of a given edge-to-edge emulated
service spans a different provider's PSN, as are other scenarios where the 
emulated service originates and terminates on the same provider's PSN, but 
may pass through several PSN tunnel segments in that PSN.  It presents an
architectural framework for such multi-segment pseudowires, defines
terminology, and specifies the various protocol elements and their
functions.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute