Subject: Re: [PWE3] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-01.txt

From: "Reshad Rahman (rrahman)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 16:53:07 -0400

Hi,

I think there should be a section on Multi Segment PWs in this draft on
e.g.:
1- What S-PE does with the flow label (I assume S-PE doesn't touch the
flow label)
2- Whether it's possible to have flow label only on a few segments of a
MS-PW. I doubt this is viable since it'd mean S-PE would need to impose
a flow-label, but it would be good to spell it out.

Regards,
Reshad.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Flow Aware Transport of Pseudowires over an
MPLS PSN
	Author(s)       : S. Bryant, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2009-09-23

Where the payload carried over a pseudowire carries a number of
identifiable flows it can in some circumstances be desirable to carry
those flows over the equal cost multiple paths (ECMPs) that exist in the
packet switched network.  Most forwarding engines are able to hash based
on label stacks and use this to balance flows over ECMPs.
This draft describes a method of identifying the flows, or flow groups,
to the label switched routers by including an additional label in the
label stack.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-fat-pw-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.