Subject: [PWE3] draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-02.txt comment

From: Luca Martini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 15:43:44 -0700

Praveen,
( or whoever the current editor is )

This document pre-dates the PWE3 ICCP document, and I think it would be 
helpful to include a section , if not just a quote referencing the ICCP 
document.

For example in :
"4.2.  Operational requirements
   o  (T-)PEs involved in protecting a PW SHOULD automatically discover
      and attempt to resolve inconsistencies in the configuration of
      primary/secondary PW.  "

Does this refer to the functionality provided by ICCP ?

Also In Sec 31. , top of page 6 :
" On failure of AC between the dual homed CE1 in this
   case lets say PE1 the preferential status on PE2 needs to be changed.
   Different mechanisms/protocols can be used to achieve this and these
   are beyond the scope of this document."

I think you should add a reference to ICCP (draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-02.txt) 
as the method to communicate this information.

Thanks.
Luca

---

From: "MULEY Praveen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 22:53:17 -0600

Luca :
     The points which you have made below are good candidates for
reference for ICCP and other protocols which might be proprietary. But
do we need to refer them in framework document ?  
                     I am infact thinking of removing the reference to
bit-definition draft as well which is being made in one of the section. 

Thanks,
Praveen

-----Original Message-----
From: Luca Martini [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:44 PM
To: PWE3 WG (E-mail)
Cc: MULEY Praveen; AISSAOUI Mustapha; BOCCI Matthew
Subject: draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-02.txt comment

Praveen,

For example in :

Thanks.
Luca