Subject: [PWE3] Change to registry through RFC Erratum 1940

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 20:20:17 +0000

Hi IANA,

RFC 4385 created the "Pseudowire Associated Channel Types" sub-registry of 
the "Pseudowire Name Spaces (PWE3)" registry 
(http://www.iana.org/assignments/pwe3-parameters)

This registry is updated by RFC 5586

There are two issues:

1. RFC 5586 contained an error. This error has been notified on Erratum 
1940.
The proposed change has been discussed on the MPLS, PWE3, and MPLS-TP 
mailing lists and there is consensus to support the change as documented in 
the erratum.
The Erratum has been verified.

Please accept this as a request to modify the registry accordingly.

2. Examination of the registry shows that it does not actually capture the 
requested policy as stated in RFC 5586. Hopefully, this provides an 
opportunity to update the registry.

Please let me know if there are any issues.

Regards,
Adrian