Subject: [PWE3] Query on draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-02

From: Gorka Ruiz de Alegría Cuesta <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:29:33 +0100

Hi all,

I have a question about draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-02.

In http://tools.ietf.org/html/<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-02#page-6>
draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-02#page-6<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-iccp-02#page-6>
appears
this Multi-chassis Redundancy Model:

                                    +=================+
                                    |                 |
   Mutli-homed         +----+       |  +-----+        |
   Node  ------------> | CE |-------|--| PE1 ||<------|---Pseudowire-->|
                       |    |--+   -|--|     ||<------|---Pseudowire-->|
                       +----+  |  / |  +-----+        |
                               | /  |     ||          |
                               |/   |     || ICCP     |--> Towards Core
              +-------------+  /    |     ||          |
              |             | /|    |  +-----+        |
              |    Access   |/ +----|--| PE2 ||<------|---Pseudowire-->|
              |   Network   |-------|--|     ||<------|---Pseudowire-->|
              |             |       |  +-----+        |
              |             |       |                 |
              +-------------+       |   Redundancy    |
                ^                   |     Group       |
                |                   +=================+
                |
         Multi-homed Network

                 Figure 1: Generic Multi-chassis Redundancy Model

In this diagram the single CE is a single point of failure. Would it be
possible in an H-VPLS enviroment to use also ICCP between two MTU-s as in
this diagram to achieve full redundancy?

                 +==============+    +=================+
                 |              |    |                 |
   Mutli-homed   |     +-----+  |    |  +-----+        |
   Multi-chassis |     |MTU-s|--|----|--| PE1 ||<------|---Pseudowire-->|
   Node  ------> |     |     |  |    |  |     ||<------|---Pseudowire-->|
                 |     +-----+  |    |  +-----+        |
                 |        ||    |    |     ||          |
                 |   ICCP ||    |    |     || ICCP     |--> Towards Core
                 |        ||    |    |     ||          |
                 |        ||    |    |  +-----+        |
                 |     +-----+  |    |  | PE2 ||<------|---Pseudowire-->|
                 |     |MTU-s|--|----|--|     ||<------|---Pseudowire-->|
                 |     |     |  |    |  +-----+        |
                 |     +-----+  |    |                 |
                 | Redundancy   |    |   Redundancy    |
                 |   Group #1   |    |     Group #2    |
                 +==============+    +=================+

Thanks,

Gorka