Subject: [PWE3] RFC 5885 on Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for the Pseudowire Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 12:39:43 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5885

        Title:      Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) for 
                    the Pseudowire Virtual Circuit Connectivity 
                    Verification (VCCV) 
        Author:     T. Nadeau, Ed.,
                    C. Pignataro, Ed.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      14
        Characters: 30866
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-bfd-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5885.txt

This document describes Connectivity Verification (CV) Types using
Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) with Virtual Circuit
Connectivity Verification (VCCV).  VCCV provides a control channel
that is associated with a pseudowire (PW), as well as the
corresponding operations and management functions such as
connectivity verification to be used over that control channel.
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Pseudo Wire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC