Subject: [PWE3] RFC 4619 and RFC 4618: DLCI at egress PE

From: Javi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:45:35 +0200

+ Frame Relay traffic transported in a "virtual circuit-to-virtual 
circuit" mode by FRoMPLS (RFC 4619): Due to local significance of the 
DLCI, the Frame Relay frame is transported in its entirety, including 
the DLCI, and the egress PE re-writes the DLCI.

+ Frame Relay traffic transported in a "port" mode by L2TPv3 HDLCoPW 
(RFC 4349): It's not mentioned any DLCI modification at the egress PW. 
Why is it not necessary here (similarly, DLCI significance is local)?

Javi

---

From: Javi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 17:36:30 +0200

RFC 4618 (HDLCoMPLS PWs)

All packets are passed in a largely transparent manner over the 
HDLCPW.The *negotiations* and
signaling of the specific protocols transported over the HDLCPW *take 
place between the Remote Systems*.

RFC 4619 (FRoMPLS PWs)

There is a one-to-one mapping (DLCI mode) between a Frame Relay PVC and 
an FRPW. The egress
LCCE re-writes the DLCI and regenerates the FCS.

Then, when DLCI mode is used (FRoPWs), does FR negotiation take place 
between remote systems (like HDLCPWs), or between each remote system and 
its LCCE?

Javi

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 13:29:28 -0400

Javi,

RFC 4619 does not define any negotiations between the CE and PE.

Cheers,
Andy

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Javi <[email-masked]> wrote:
> RFC 4618 (HDLCoMPLS PWs)
>
> All packets are passed in a largely transparent manner over the HDLCPW.The
> negotiations and
> signaling of the specific protocols transported over the HDLCPW take place
> between the Remote Systems.
>
>
> RFC 4619 (FRoMPLS PWs)
>
> There is a one-to-one mapping (DLCI mode) between a Frame Relay PVC and an
> FRPW. The egress
> between remote systems (like HDLCPWs), or between each remote system and its
> LCCE?
>
> Javi
> _______________________________________________
> pwe3 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3
>
>