Subject: [PWE3] first set of mpls-tp documents completed

From: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:50:02 +0200

Working Group(s),

late yesterday we passed an important Milestone; I did not realize
it until some time after it happened, maybe since the milstone
is not even documented in the WG charter.

The working group chairs and our responsible AD have for some time
worked with what we have called "the first set of MPLS-TP documents".

That set includes includes 20 documents and we have had more than
40 editors/authors active.

The set has two defining criteria:

- it should be implementable
- it should cover what ITU-T needs to reference in their MPLS-TP
   Recommendations

What happened last night was that , more less as part of a normal
business day, we requested publication of the last document on that set!
This completes the working groups effort with these documents; chairs,
document shepherds and authors may have to assist the IESG and the
RFC Editor in their job, but the working group job is done!

We also have further MPLS-TP documents to progress, so while recognizing
the mile stone, it is easy to find new documents to review and comment
on; please do so!

I'd like to take take this opportunity, and I'm sure that my co-chairs 
and ADs join me, to congratulate and thank the working groups, the 40+ 
authors, everyone that reviewed and commented on the documents.

We have done a good job and made progress!

/Loa

-- 

Loa Andersson                         email: [email-masked]
Sr Strategy and Standards Manager            [email-masked]
Ericsson Inc                          phone: +46 10 717 52 13
                                              +46 767 72 92 13