Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:34:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : MPLS LSP PW status refresh reduction for Static Pseudowires
	Author(s)       : Luca Martini
                          George Swallow
                          Elisa Bellagamba
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-09-14

   This document describes a method for generating an aggregated
   pseudowire status message on Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
   network Label Switched Path (LSP).

   The method for transmitting the pseudowire (PW) status information is
   not new, however this protocol extension allows a Service Provider
   (SP) to reliably monitor the individual PW status while not
   overwhelming the network of multiple periodic status messages. This
   is achieved by sending a single cumulative summary status
   verification message for all the PWs grouped in the same LSP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pwe3-status-reduction-00.txt