Subject: [PWE3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-06.txt> (Pseudowire Redundancy) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:59:52 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Pseudowire Redundancy'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-03-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a framework comprised of a number of
   scenarios and associated requirements for pseudowire (PW) redundancy.
   A set of redundant PWs is configured between provider edge (PE) nodes
   in single segment PW applications, or between Terminating PE nodes in
   Multi-Segment PW applications.  In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to
   indicate the preferred PW to use for forwarding PW packets to one
   another, a new PW status is required to indicate the preferential
   forwarding status of active or standby for each PW in the redundancy
   set.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.