Subject: [PWE3] Some comments on draft-jc-pwe3-mpls-tp-static-checking-00

From: Kingston Selvaraj <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:13:03 +0000

Hi Authors,

Couple of comments and questions regarding this draft.

1.       This draft doesn't cover the operational details of multi-segment PW.

2.       Draft says that, PE will start transmitting the GAP message immediately after PW configuration and PSN tunnel is UP.

Let us consider a scenario where in PW is configured in PE1  (of course the PSN tunnel is UP) and  not configured in other side of PE (PE2).

What will happen in this scenario?. Will the GAP message will be transmitted only thrice and will be stopped by PE1?
Or will it always be re-transmitted by PE1?

Regards,
S. Kingston Smiler.

---

From: Lizhong Jin<[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 21:25:47 +0100

Hi Kingston,
Thank you for the comments, see inline below.

Regards
Lizhong

Kingston Selvaraj <[email-masked]> wrote 2012/03/28 19:13:03:

> 1.       This draft doesn’t cover the operational details of 
multi-segment PW.
[Lizhong] yes, MS-PW should be included, and will update in next version.

> 
> 2.       Draft says that, PE will start transmitting the GAP message
> immediately after PW configuration and PSN tunnel is UP. 
> Let us consider a scenario where in PW is configured in PE1  (of 
> course the PSN tunnel is UP) and  not configured in other side of PE 
(PE2). 
> What will happen in this scenario?. Will the GAP message will be 
> transmitted only thrice and will be stopped by PE1?
[Lizhong] in that case, PE1 will continue sending GAP message, until PE2 
is also configured. After PE1/PE2 getting both local and remote 
information, and finished checking, then it will send suppress message to 
stop the message procedure. Will rephrase the draft to make this more 
clear.