Subject: Re: [PWE3] WG adoption and IPR polls for draft-pkwok-pwe3-pw-communities-03

From: Jounay Frédéric <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 09:58:49 +0200

Hi,

I'm not aware of any IPR for this draft

Regards,
Fred

On 18/09/2012 12:40, "Bocci, Matthew (Matthew)"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

><chairs hat off>
>
>Andy,
>
>I support adoption of this draft.
>
>I agree with you that this specifies useful functionality, enabling 
>better policy control for dynamic multi-segment pseudowires in particular.
>
>Best regards
>
>Matthew
>
>On 14/09/2012 16:13, "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>There's been interest expressed (more so at the meetings than on the
>>list) for draft-pkwok-pwe3-pw-communities, and it does specify useful 
>>functionality. As a result, the chairs would like to poll the WG for 
>>the adoption of 
>>https://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-pkwok-pwe3-pw-communities-03.txt as a 
>>working group draft. Please reply to this email whether or not you 
>>support adoption of this draft. Reasons are not required, but are 
>>helpful for the WG. We would like to see a good show of support on 
>>this one rather than just a few emails. Indications that the draft has 
>>actually been read would also be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>Coincidentally, we are also polling for knowledge of any IPR that 
>>applies to this draft, to ensure that IPR has been disclosed in 
>>compliance with IETF IPR rules (see RFCs 3979, 4879, 3669 and 5378 for 
>>more details).
>>
>>If you are listed as a document author or contributor please respond 
>>to this email whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. The 
>>draft will not be adopted until a response has been received from each 
>>author and contributor.
>>
>>If you are on the PWE3 WG email list but are not listed as an author 
>>or contributor, then please explicitly respond only if you are aware 
>>of any IPR that has not yet been disclosed in conformance with IETF 
>>rules.
>>
>>This will be a two-week poll, ending 28 September.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Andy and Matthew
>>_______________________________________________
>>pwe3 mailing list
>>[email-masked]
>>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3
>
>_______________________________________________
>pwe3 mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2012 09:28:14 -0400

PWE3ers,

Matthew and I just discussed the relative lack of support for adoption of
this draft at this time. As a result, it's going to remain an individual
draft for now, and the authors are of course free to continue iterations.
The WG can revisit adoption in the future if it looks warranted at that
time.

Cheers,
Andy

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> All,
>
> Although today was nominally the end date for this adoption poll, we're
> still waiting to hear from one of the authors regarding IPR. Also, we only
> received two non-author responses to this poll, and both of those are from
> the same organization as the authors. So we really need to hear more
> support from the working group as a whole.
>
> Thanks,
> Andy
>
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Andrew G. Malis <[email-masked]>wrote:
>