Subject: [PWE3] Fwd: [mpls] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-villamizar-mpls-forwarding-00.txt

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 11:17:25 -0700

PWE3ers,

The forwarded draft below discusses MPLS label stack implementation
issues, includes a discussion of PW multipath forwarding, and makes
recommendations regarding the PW control word. You may find the draft
to be of interest. To consolidate comments, please send comments to
the [email-masked] list rather than the pwe3 list.

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM
Subject: [mpls] Fwd: New Version Notification for
draft-villamizar-mpls-forwarding-00.txt
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Hi Folks,

I'd spoken on the issue of deep label stacks at the last IETF, and
there was interest from chip suppliers, vendors and service providers.
 Curtis just submitted the draft; it goes beyond just deep label
stacks.  There are suggestions in the draft on aspects of implementing
MPLS forwarding, as well as questions to ask regarding an
implementation, and things to test.

Please read and comment to the list.

If you (that includes MPLS WG chairs and ADs) could also  formulate
your thoughts on what type of doc (Info, BCP, PS) this should be, that
would be very helpful in moving this discussion forward.

Thanks,
Kireeti.

Begin forwarded message:

From: [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-villamizar-mpls-forwarding-00.txt
Date: October 8, 2012 16:49:08PDT
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-villamizar-mpls-forwarding-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Curtis Villamizar and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename: draft-villamizar-mpls-forwarding
Revision: 00
Title: MPLS Forwarding Compliance and Performance Requirements
Creation date: 2012-10-08
WG ID: Individual Submission
Number of pages: 17
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-villamizar-mpls-forwarding-00.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-villamizar-mpls-forwarding
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-villamizar-mpls-forwarding-00

Abstract:
  This document provides guidelines for implementors regarding MPLS
  forwarding and a basis for evaluations of forwarding implementations.
  Guidelines cover basic MPLS forwarding, forwarding when a deep MPLS
  label stack is encountered, MPLS UHP operations which require one or
  more label POP plus a PUSH, guidelines for hashing an MPLS stack and
  payload for multipath, and conformance and performance requirements
  for recent pseudowire and MPLS standards.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
mpls mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mpls