Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:22:36 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Pseudowire Preferential Forwarding Status Bit
	Author(s)       : Praveen Muley
                          Mustapha Aissaoui
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-09.txt
	Pages           : 34
	Date            : 2013-01-04

Abstract:
   This document describes a mechanism for signaling the active and
   standby status of redundant pseudowires (PWs) between their
   termination points. A set of redundant PWs is configured between
   provider edge (PE) nodes in single-segment pseudowire (SS-PW)
   applications, or between terminating provider edge (T-PE) nodes in
   multi-segment pseudowire (MS-PW) applications.

   In order for the PE/T-PE nodes to indicate the preferred PW to use
   for forwarding PW packets to one another, a new status bit is
   defined. This bit indicates a preferential forwarding status with a
   value of Active or Standby for each PW in a redundant set.

   In addition, a second status bit is defined to allow peer PE nodes
   to coordinate a switchover operation of the PW.

   Finally, this document updates RFC 4447 by adding details to the
   handling of the PW Status Code bits in the PW Status TLV.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pwe3-redundancy-bit-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/