Subject: [PWE3] Fwd: Nomcom 2013-14 Volunteering - 2nd Call

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 11:31:20 +0900

Please consider volunteering for nomcom.

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mankin, Allison <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, May 30, 2013 at 6:04 AM
Subject: Nomcom 2013-14 Volunteering - 2nd Call
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "<[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>

Hi, everyone,

Remember that I'm challenging the IETF to come up with 200 volunteers for
the upcoming nomcom.  You can volunteer just by hitting Reply to this email.

What are you waiting for??  The more volunteers we get, the better chance we
have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF
population.  Respond to the 200-volunteer challenge and hit Reply right now.
(Well, much as I want you to do this, please look below at the posts being
filled and be sure you are willing to forgo trying for any of them this
year).

The official information:
The IETF nominating committee (nomcom) process for 2013-14 is under way. The
IETF nomcom appoints folks to fill the open slots on the IAOC, the IAB,
and the IESG. Ten voting members for the nomcom are selected in a verifiably
random way from a pool of volunteers.

The details of the selection and operation of the nomcom can be found
in RFCs 3777, 5078, 5633, 5680, and 6859.  Four of those RFCs  (3777, 5633,
5680 and 6859)  comprise BCP 10. We will also reference RFC 3797.

Volunteers must have attended 3 of the past 5 IETF meetings.  As specified
in
RFC 3777, that means three out of the five past meetings up to the time this
email announcement goes out to start the solicitation of volunteers. The
five
meetings out of which you must have attended three are IETF 82, 83, 84, 85,
86.

If you qualify, reply to this email and volunteer.

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2014 IETF
meeting, and thus the positions for which this nomcom is responsible, are
IAOC:
Chris Griffiths

IAB:
Bernard Aboba
Marc Blanchet
Ross Callon
Eliot Lear
Hannes Tschofenig

IESG:
Barry Leiba (Applications)
Brian Haberman (Internet)
Benoit Claise (Operations and Management)
Gonzalo Camarillo (RAI)
Stewart Bryant (Routing)
Sean Turner (Security)
Martin Stiemerling (Transport)

The primary activity for this nomcom will begin in July 2013 and should be
completed in January 2014.  Being a nomcom member will require some time
commitment - there will be interviews with candidates at meetings, regularly
scheduled conference calls to ensure progress, collection and review of
requirements from the commitment, review of candidate questionnaires and
of community feedback.  A more detailed timetable for the nomcom tasks
will appear soon.

Please respond to this email before 11:59 pm EDT (UTC -4 hours)
June 16, 2013.  In the body include:
 1. your Given Name as you enter it when you register for the IETF
 2. your Family Name as you enter it when you register for the IETF
 3. your current primary affilation (the information you enter into the
Company field)
 4. any/all email addresses you've used to register for IETF meetings
 5. which email address you prefer
 6. your phone number (for our use in confirming you if selected).

You should expect an email response from me within 3 business days stating
whether or not you are qualified (and added to the list).  If you don't
receive this
response, please re-send your email adding the tag "RESEND" to the subject
line.

Participating in the IETF nomcom is a meaningful and fun way to contribute
to the IETF.
Please help us meet the 200-volunteer challenge by hitting Reply to this
message today.

Allison

Allison Mankin
Nomcom Chair 2013-2014