Subject: [PWE3] Fwd: Draft submission deadlines change

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 13:16:59 -0400

PWE3ers,

You may have seen this already, but just in case ...

Although there is an extra week for -00 drafts, the earlier you upload your
drafts, the more time that people have to read it prior to the IETF meeting.

Cheers,
Andy

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 1:17 AM
Subject: Draft submission deadlines change
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>

Please note that for IETF 87, there is only one deadline for draft
submission: Monday 15th July. Previously, there had been two different
deadlines, one for -00 and another one for other versions. The IESG has
decided to experiment with just one deadline for now to simplify the set of
deadlines and enable easier submission of new drafts. While we realise that
the change comes near the deadline, we hope that you find the extra time
useful.

But please do note that working group chairs will continue to make smart
decisions about what topics are worthwhile for discussing in a session in
the upcoming meeting, and will also set their agendas in a timely manner
and create deadlines for their working groups that must be adhered to. The
earlier new drafts are submitted, the more time there is to talk about them
on the mailing lists and consider them for the session agendas. This is
particularly important for BoFs.

Jari Arkko for the IESG