Subject: [PWE3] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 13:30:48 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The Pseudowire (PW) & Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) Implementation Survey Results
	Author(s)       : Andrew G. Malis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-02.txt
	Pages           : 37
	Date            : 2013-08-21

Abstract:
   Most pseudowire Emulation Edge-to-Edge (PWE3) encapsulations mandate
   the use of the Control Word (CW) to carry information essential to
   the emulation, to inhibit Equal-Cost Multipath (ECMP) behavior, and
   to discriminate Operations, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM)
   from Pseudowire (PW) packets.  However, some encapsulations treat the
   Control Word as optional.  As a result, implementations of the CW,
   for encapsulations for which it is optional, vary by equipment
   manufacturer, equipment model and service provider network.
   Similarly, Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) supports
   three Control Channel (CC) types and multiple Connectivity
   Verification (CV) Types.  This flexibility has led to reports of
   interoperability issues within deployed networks and associated
   drafts to attempt to remedy the situation.  This survey of the PW/
   VCCV user community was conducted to determine implementation trends.
   The survey and results is presented herein.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pwe3-vccv-impl-survey-results-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/