Subject: [PWE3] New Liaison Statement, "In response to Liaison Statement on linear protection switching for MPLS-TP (COM15-LS052-E) "

From: Liaison Statement Management Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 02:12:30 -0700

Title: In response to Liaison Statement on linear protection switching for MPLS-TP (COM15-LS052-E)
Submission Date: 2013-09-04
URL of the IETF Web page: http://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1279/

From: Multiprotocol Label Switching (Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>)
To: ITU-T SG 15  ([email-masked])
Cc: [email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked],[email-masked]
Reponse Contact: [email-masked]
Technical Contact: [email-masked]
Purpose: In response
Referenced liaison: Liaison Statement on linear protection switching for MPLS-TP (reply to COM15-LS84r1-E / IETF LS-1256) (http://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1272/)
Body: Thank you for your liaison statement COM15-LS052-E "Linear Protection
Switching for MPLS-TP”.

We are happy to inform you that the MPLS working group has many
participants contributing to the work on MPLS-TP Linear Protection.

We also encourage anyone interested to participate in the on-going
discussion on the MPLS mailing list.

Please find comments on the clarification requested in your liaison:

 With respect to the manual switch-over for recovery LSP/span portion,
our reply “that behavior should be considered a bug” is referring to
the content of RFC6378 in that there was a lack of clarity in the RFC
on behavior of a node. This issue is being addressed in an individual
Internet draft that has been submitted and is being discussed on the
mailing list as per the IETF process.

We are pleased to inform you that individual Internet-Drafts have been
posted to address all of the issues that have been raised. These drafts
are receiving active and constructive discussion on the MPLS working
group mailing list and have been passed to the MPLS Review Team for early
review. We look forward to these drafts being updated to address the
comments that have been raised, and hope there will soon be consensus to
adopt them as working group drafts.

Loa Andersson
Ross Callon
George Swallow
MPLS Working Group co-Chairs
Attachments:

No document has been attached