Subject: [PWE3] IPR issue with draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements-06

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 15:02:46 -0500

I would like to make the WG aware of a potential IPR issue with
draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements-06, which I've been getting ready
for submission to the IESG. On Nov. 13, 2013, ORANGE filed an IPR
disclosure, https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2249/ . The IPR concerns
multipoint to point PWs, which are are one of two optional return
paths discussed in draft-ietf-pwe3-p2mp-pw-requirements-06.
Point-to-point PWs are the other optional return path discussed in the
draft.

Given that this IPR was disclosed late in the process, before
submitting this draft to the IESG, I would like to get a sense of the
WG as to whether it is OK to submit the draft as is, or if the WG
would prefer that the optional MP2P return path be removed from the
draft.

As this is over the holidays, and many people are on vacation, I won't
take any action on the draft until at least the second week of
January.

Thanks,
Andy