Subject: [PWE3] PWE3 draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection

From: Yimin Shen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:37:16 +0000

Hi chairs,

draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-04.txt seems to be stuck. It looks like you got a positive response to the poll for working group adoption, and you received responses from all but one of the co-authors to your question about IPR. The final author, Rahul Aggarwal, seems to be missing in action. 

(BTW, Juniper has done IPR disclosure for two patents related to this draft.)

Do you intend to block advancement of the draft until you get a response from Rahul, or can you just bring the situation to the attention of the working group and move on? I should point out that the I-D does contain the boilerplate statement that all authors will follow the terms of BCP and the IETF Trust Legal Provisions.

Regards,

/Yimin

---

From: "Bocci, Matthew (Matthew)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:30:52 +0000

Hi Yimin

I think that given the general support for this, it makes sense to adopt
it, but I need to make sure the WG is aware of the fact that one of the
co-authors is not responding. I¹ll send a note to the list about this.
There will be another call for IPR when we go through WG last call, anyway.

Matthew

On 12/12/2013 13:37, "Yimin Shen" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi chairs,
>
>draft-shen-pwe3-endpoint-fast-protection-04.txt seems to be stuck. It
>looks like you got a positive response to the poll for working group
>adoption, and you received responses from all but one of the co-authors
>to your question about IPR. The final author, Rahul Aggarwal, seems to be
>missing in action.
>
>Do you intend to block advancement of the draft until you get a response
>from Rahul, or can you just bring the situation to the attention of the
>working group and move on? I should point out that the I-D does contain
>the boilerplate statement that all authors will follow the terms of BCP
>and the IETF Trust Legal Provisions.
>
>
>Regards,
>
>/Yimin
>
>
>
>