Subject: [PWE3] RFC 7189 on Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) Capability Advertisement for MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7189

        Title:      Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) 
                    Capability Advertisement for MPLS Transport Profile 
                    (MPLS-TP) 
        Author:     G. Mirsky
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14254
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-mpls-tp-cv-adv-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7189.txt

This document specifies how signaling and selection processes for
Pseudowire (PW) Virtual Circuit Connectivity Verification (VCCV) are
modified to ensure backward compatibility and allow use of proactive
Connectivity Verification (CV), Continuity Check (CC), and Remote
Defect Indication (RDI) over MPLS Transport Profile (MPLS-TP) PWs.
This document introduces four new CV types and, to accommodate them,
a new VCCV Extended CV parameter for PW Interface Parameters Sub-TLV
is defined.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC