Subject: [PWE3] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pwe3-mspw-er-05.txt> (Explicit Path Routing for Dynamic Multi-Segment Pseudowires) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 08:11:14 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to
Edge WG (pwe3) to consider the following document:
- 'Explicit Path Routing for Dynamic Multi-Segment Pseudowires'
  <draft-ietf-pwe3-mspw-er-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-08-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Dynamic Multi-Segment Pseudowire (MS-PW) setup through an explicit
   path may be required to provide a simple solution for 1:1 protection
   with diverse primary and backup MS-PWs for a service, or to enable
   controlled signaling (strict or loose) for special MS-PWs.  This
   document specifies the extensions and procedures required to enable
   dynamic MS-PWs to be established along explicit paths.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-mspw-er/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pwe3-mspw-er/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.