Subject: [PWE3] RFC 7392 on Explicit Path Routing for Dynamic Multi-Segment Pseudowires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 16:35:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7392

        Title:      Explicit Path Routing for Dynamic 
                    Multi-Segment Pseudowires 
        Author:     P. Dutta, M. Bocci,
                    L. Martini
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      10
        Characters: 20846
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pwe3-mspw-er-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7392.txt

When set up through an explicit path, dynamic Multi-Segment
Pseudowires (MS-PWs) may be required to provide a simple solution for
1:1 protection with diverse primary and backup MS-PWs for a service,
or to enable controlled signaling (strict or loose) for special
MS-PWs.  This document specifies the extensions and procedures required
to enable dynamic MS-PWs to be established along explicit paths.

This document is a product of the Pseudowire Emulation Edge to Edge Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC