Subject: [PWE3] Proposed Changes to CEP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:46:56 -0500

Dear PWE3ers

Below is a proposal by CEP authors that aligns the CEP draft with draft-ietf-pwe3-cw-03.txt and with the other TDM emulation drafts. Please send your comments as soon as possible. If no substential comments are received in the coming week a new draft CEP-11 will be issued detailing these changes. New CEP header description is attached.

Proposed changes to CEP-10:

Changes summary:
1. CEP header: align with recommended control word. Use L and R
  bits similar for remote/forward defect indications. Use 16 bit
  sequence number, length and fragmentations bits. Shorten structure
  pointer from 13 to 12 bits supporting payload sizes up to 4096 bytes. 
2. Align LDP interface parameters with above changes. Align MIB
  with above changes
3. Remove L2TPv3 encapsulation (to be described in a separate
  draft at a later time)
4. Remove RTP encapsulation

Happy tax day
Ron

Ron Cohen
CTO
Resolute Networks
Redux and Lycium Unite 
_______________________________________________
pwe3 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pwe3

---

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:38:17 +0100

With my individual contributor hat on I agree with the changes.

 From a chair perspective I am pleased that we are aligning
with the CW text.

Stewart

[email-masked] wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>