Subject: [Qlog] qlog draft-01 released

From: Robin MARX <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 14:33:09 +0200

Hello everyone,

As announced two weeks ago, draft-01 of the qlog documents has now been
released and can be found at:
- https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marx-qlog-main-schema-01
- https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-marx-qlog-event-definitions-quic-h3-01

As such, any and all feedback on this new draft is welcome. I am primarily
looking for ideas on:
- How to log 0-RTT related events
- How to log migration related events

- How to address privacy and security concerns that some have voiced
- How to make qlogs available in a default way (we are currently proposing
a .well-known URI)

- Other missing features that would have to be added specifically for the
QUIC and HTTP/3 use case

I will also in Singapore and look forward to discuss some of these items
with you then as well.

In the meantime, we will be working on our tools and visualizations for
qlog at https://qvis.edm.uhasselt.be.
We are also looking at expanding qlog to other protocols, first focusing on
HTTP/2 and TCP. For the latter we are combining tcpdump/pcap traces with
TCP metrics extracted via eBPF to get "feature parity" with what we've
gotten for QUIC and HTTP/3. It's early days, but it looks promising.

With best regards,
Robin

-- 

Robin Marx
PhD researcher - web performance
Expertise centre for Digital Media

T +32(0)11 26 84 79 - GSM +32(0)497 72 86 94

www.uhasselt.be
Universiteit Hasselt - Campus Diepenbeek
Agoralaan Gebouw D - B-3590 Diepenbeek
Kantoor EDM-2.05