Subject: [QUIC] New drafts posted

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2016 17:24:23 -0700

We've posted new versions of the following drafts. Note that the drafts
continue to document current QUIC. We've introduced DISCUSS or
DISCUSS_AND_REPLACE tags for some mechanisms/formats that document current
QUIC behavior, but which the wg may want to reconsider after document
adoption.

draft-hamilton-quic-transport-protocol-01
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hamilton-quic-transport-protocol-01>:
There are a few structural changes, based on the detailed feedback from
Lars and Marcelo. We've also tried to separate packet transmission logic
(earlier in the draft) from stream semantics (later in the draft),
reflecting list discussion.

There are also many text additions and changes that you can see here
<https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hamilton-quic-transport-protocol-01.txt>,
including a full listing of the connection error codes.

draft-iyengar-quic-loss-recovery-01
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-iyengar-quic-loss-recovery-01>:
Based on list discussion, we've focussed on loss *detection* logic and
steered clear of retransmission logic (though I realized that we still left
a number of references to "QUIC loss recovery" in the text, which we'll
change to "QUIC loss detection" in the next rev.)

We've also described most of QUIC loss detection in pseudo-code form. See
the various changes here
<https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-iyengar-quic-loss-recovery-01.txt>
.

Please read and send feedback!