Subject: QUIC-TLS pull requests

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 12:41:56 +1100

I've received a fair bit of feedback about the lack of TLS context in
the -tls draft.  To try to address that, I have done some work on
improving things:

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/30

Also, there were some serious issues with the use of KEY_PHASE in
detecting which packets were protected with which key.  I've made some
progress on a second PR.  This builds on the first one:

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/43

Thanks to Dragana for pointing out that I was messing things up.
There's a solution here, but I think that Ian's suggestion is better:
use the VERSION bit to identify unprotected packets.  I plan to create
yet another pull request that makes that change.

I hope to merge these in the next week or so.  Feedback here or on the
PRs would be welcome.

---

From: Martin Duke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 21:50:55 -0800

The interface document is a huge improvement. What I think is missing is
the various transport parameters that I believe the quic-transport document
says QUIC will deliver to TLS to include in handshake messages, and
similarly pull from TLS for processin when decrypted.