Subject: [QUIC] "No such list quic-issues" ?

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:09:58 +0900

fyi/fwiw, clicking on "issue announce list" 
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/quic-issues> just now within 
<https://github.com/quicwg/wg-materials/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md> 
yielded "No such list quic-issues"

please advise...

HTH,

=JeffH

---

From: "Eggert, Lars" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 02:44:23 +0000

On 2016-11-15, at 10:09, =JeffH <[email-masked]> wrote:
> fyi/fwiw, clicking on "issue announce list" <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/quic-issues> just now within <https://github.com/quicwg/wg-materials/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md> yielded "No such list quic-issues"

The list has not been set up yet. Hang tight.

Lars

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 20:43:19 +0900

And just to be clear ...

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Eggert, Lars <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > fyi/fwiw, clicking on "issue announce list" <
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/quic-issues> just now within <
> https://github.com/quicwg/wg-materials/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md>

I asked Lars and Mark to wait until the community heard about the github
plan to set up the mailing list, in case there were strong objections.

I've never met anyone at the IETF who looks forward to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fait_Accompli.

I approved it less than one minute after Lars requested it.

Spencer, as responsible AD