Subject: spin bit implementation experience

From: "Brian Trammell (IETF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:04:51 +0800

Greetings, all,

At the mic during today's session, I mentioned some implementation experience we had with the spin bit, done by our student Piet De Vaere at ETH. You can see his report at https://devae.re/f/eth/quic/spinbit_report.pdf.

Cheers,

Brian

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 01:30:22 -0800

Did you perform any measurements on networks that have loss and / or
reordering? These are the conditions where I would expect problems with the
spin bit, and I’d be interested to see how it performs there.

On 14. November 2017 at 17:05:06, Brian Trammell (IETF) ([email-masked])
wrote:

Greetings, all,

At the mic during today's session, I mentioned some implementation
experience we had with the spin bit, done by our student Piet De Vaere at
ETH. You can see his report at
https://devae.re/f/eth/quic/spinbit_report.pdf.

Cheers,

Brian

---

From: Piet De Vaere | ETH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 10:32:44 +0100

Heyho

On 2017-11-14 10:30, Marten Seemann wrote:
> reordering? These are the conditions where I would expect problems with 
> the spin bit, and I’d be interested to see how it performs there.

Not yet, but I will. The results in the report Brian send are really 
just a very first impression. A more in depth analysis will follow.

Cheers
Piet

> 
> On 14. November 2017 at 17:05:06, Brian Trammell (IETF) 
> ([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>) wrote:
> 
>> Greetings, all,
>>
>> experience we had with the spin bit, done by our student Piet De Vaere 
>> at ETH. You can see his report at