Subject: How many pongs can a pinger queue?

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 21:48:33 -0800

The new PING frames can carry a byte string that shall be echoed by the
recipient. Is there a limit to how many PING frames can be sent
concurrently, or are recipients supposed to just queue them all before
transmitting the corresponding PONG?

By the way, the new PONG frame should be listed in the changes since
draft 07, as well as the new BIDIR/UNIDIR stream ID.

-- Christian Huitema

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:36:24 +1100

I would say respond to every one.  If this gets too much, that is what
we have ENHANCE_YOUR_CALM for.  Oh, wait, we don't have that.  In any
case, if this is too much, like anything else where your peer starts
abusing mechanisms in ways that indicate that they want you to do
unreasonable things, use an error code.

---

From: Jana Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 22:05:25 -0800

Yup, I agree that the receiver should respond to every one.