Subject: Fwd: Questions about QUIC server reset issues

From: fish fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:50:04 +0800

Respected quic-ads,
I am Siyu Yang from Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. I am a master
candidate student interested in the transportation layer of satellite
networks ( LEO/MEO/GEO ) using QUIC.
Previously I have done an experiment building QUIC server and clients in a
simulated satellite network environment. It turns out that QUIC/UDP
performs much better than TCP/IP structure because of the reduced handshake
RTTs and congestion control strategies.

After reading Google’s paper on QUIC in sigcomm 2017, *would you please
tell me more about updates of quic’s server stateless reset strategies? Any
solution if possible to solve?*

*And I am also interested in QUIC cooperation with CDN in such a working
case*: mobile clients may apply for another CDN server when they are
browsing using QUIC, if it is possible that a connection between CDN server
A and the next CDN server B,  *the server A would send the related users’
authentication info** in service*   (users’ public key and A’s public key
so that B would not reject the clients’ requests though it is probably the
first time that these clients seek for connection to B so that one-RTT
saved in this “new” connection) *to the server B if A knows that B would
take over A to serve the clients ?*

I might not be a very common phenomenon in terrestrial networks … I could
think out one that:  a CDN incremental deployment that the newly
established CDN server might “inherit” users’ authentication from its
neighbor servers.

But it could be a common phenomenon happening every few hours/days in
satellite networks if we deploy a set of CDN servers for example in a MEO
satellite networks which could cover the whole world with a couple of
satellites. Some MEO-constellations has a good properties that the relative
locations within these satellites does not change, just like
constellations we observe in sky. In this time, the CDN servers serve one
client in order and the next server coming to serve could be calculated
easily.* If QUIC could SUPPORT servers' authentication transport, it would
help a lot in enhancement of the network flow in satellite networks!*

And I am also interested that will authentication transport work in QUIC
using TLS 1.3.

Maybe it would also help a lot in terrestrial networks if mobile users feel
good to use their geolocation information …

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your reply.