Subject: Multi-homed server

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2017 16:21:58 -0800

Many servers are multi-homed, can get packets from multiple addresses.
What should happen if a server gets an initial packet delivered on
address A, and later some packets delivered on address B?

-- Christian Huitema

---

From: Olivier Bonaventure <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 16:40:36 +0100

Christian,

> address A, and later some packets delivered on address B?

I don't think that servers should accept packets coming from clients on 
any of their addresses for a given connectionid. It would be better to 
have a specific exchange between the client and the server to use 
another server address, whatever the reason.

This is one of the many use cases of the multipath draft :

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-deconinck-multipath-quic-00

Olivier

-- 

------------------------------
DISCLAIMER.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. 
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. 
This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the 
individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not 
disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender 
immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and 
delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient 
you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any 
action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly 
prohibited.