Subject: RADEXT BOF Agenda, Take Nine
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:05:45 -0800 (PST)

RADEXT BOF Agenda
IETF 58

Friday, November 14, 2003
0900 - 1130 AM

Chairs:

Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/

Agenda

Preliminaries - 5 minutes

Bluesheets
Meeting Minutes
Agenda Bashing

Basic RADIUS work (40 minutes)

9:05 AM: IPv6 support in the RADIUS MIBs - Bert Wijnen, 5 minutes

9:10 AM RADIUS Management authentication/authorization - David Nelson, 5
       minutes
       Document TBD

9:15 AM RADIUS client kickstart - Alan DeKok, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-sspp-snmp-01.txt

9:25 AM RADIUS UDP Transport Mapping - Avi Lior, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-udp-transport-mapping-00.txt

9:30 AM RADIUS Prepaid - Avi Lior, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-prepaid-extensions-02.txt

Q&A (10 Minutes)

SIP-RADIUS (20 minutes)

9:40 AM RADIUS Accounting & Authentication for SIP - Wolfgang Beck, 10
        minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt

9:50 AM Q&A (10 minutes)

LAN applications (25 minutes)

10 AM    WFA Issues/Concerns in WLAN Roaming - TBD, 5 minutes
         Document TBD

10:05 AM LAN Edge Device RADIUS Attributes - Paul Congdon, 5 minutes
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/IEEE/draft-black-radius-lanedge-00.txt

10:10 AM RADIUS context relocation issues - Bernard Aboba, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-context-802-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-keying-01.txt

10:15 AM WLAN Roaming - Farid Adrangi, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-attributes-extension-for-pwlan-00.txt

10:25 AM Q&A (10 minutes)

RADIUS & PPVPNs (15 minutes)

10:35 AM RADIUS & L2TP Extended NAS-Port AVPs - G. Weber, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nmcgill-l2tp-radius-ext-nas-port-01.txt

10:40 AM RADIUS in PPVPN - Greg Weber, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

10:50 AM Q&A (10 minutes)

Wrapup (30 minutes)

11:00 AM Proposed RADEXT WG Charter (15 minutes)

11:15 AM Interest in forming a WG (15 minutes)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposed RADIUS Extensions Working Group (RADEXT) Charter
Last Modified: 2003-10-20

Chair(s):
Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext

Description of Working Group:

The RADIUS Extensions Working Group will focus on extensions
to the RADIUS protocol required to enable its use in applications
such as IP Telephony and Local Area Network authentication,
authorization and accounting.  All extensions produced by this
working group are required to demonstrate backward compatibility with
the existing RADIUS protocol as well as compatibility with the
equivalent capabilities in the Diameter protocol.

In order to ensure backward compatibility with RADIUS, the following
restrictions are imposed on extensions considered by the RADEXT WG:

- All work MUST be backward compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs.
- No new RADIUS transports (e.g. TCP, SCTP) will be defined.
- No changes will be considered to the RADIUS attribute format.
- No new RADIUS data types will be defined.
- The RADIUS maximum packet size (4K) will not be increased.
- No RADIUS attribute "sub-types" will be defined.
- No new RADIUS security mechanisms will be defined.

Work Items

The immediate goals of the RADEXT working group are to address the
following issues:

- RADIUS UDP transport profile.  The transport behavior of the RADIUS
  protocol is unspecified in existing RFCs.  This has resulted in
  implementations lacking support for congestion control. This task
  involves specification of the RADIUS UDP transport mapping. Failover
  is not part of this work item.  An explicit non-goal is to bring
  RADIUS up to the level of reliability of Diameter.

- Pre-paid support.  Pre-paid services are contemplated in a number
  of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
  telephony. In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
  interoperable way, a specification is required.  The implementation of
  RADIUS prepaid needs to be compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs
  as well as with Diameter prepaid capabilities.

- LAN attributes.  New attributes have been proposed to enable use of
  RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting in wired and
  wireless LANs, including Layer 2 Virtual Private LANs (VPLS).
  Standardization of these attributes will enable improved
  interoperability.

Goals and Milestones:

Sep 04  RADIUS UDP transport profile submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC.
Dec 04  RADIUS pre-paid suport submitted as an Informational RFC.
Apr 05  RADIUS attributes for LANs submitted as an Informational RFC.

Quality Control Plan

In order to ensure quality of work:

* This WG will not be chartered until sufficient resources can be
  demonstrated to be available to guarantee a high probability of
  success.  This includes recruitment of a core of editors and
  reviewers with significant IETF experience and demonstrated time
  commitment.

* All drafts will need to undergo review prior to acceptance as WG work
  items, which includes demonstration that the drafts are backward
  compatible with RADIUS RFCs and are compatible with equivalent
  facilities in Diameter.

* The WG will utilize an issue tracking system.

* XML to RFC will be used in production of documents.  This enables
  production of HTML and text files from a single source file as
  well as automated production of difference files.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 06:13:35 +0000
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:36:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT BOF Agenda, Take Eight

RADEXT BOF Agenda
IETF 58

Friday, November 14, 2003
0900 - 1130 AM

Chairs:

Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/

Agenda

Preliminaries - 5 minutes

Bluesheets
Meeting Minutes
Agenda Bashing

Basic RADIUS work

RADIUS UDP Transport Mapping - Avi Lior, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-udp-transport-mapping-00.txt

IPv6 support in the RADIUS MIBs - Bert Wijnen, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2618.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2619.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2620.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2621.txt

RADIUS client kickstart - Alan DeKok, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-sspp-snmp-01.txt

RADIUS Prepaid - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-prepaid-extensions-02.txt

SIP-RADIUS

RADIUS Accounting & Authentication for SIP - Wolfgang Beck, 15 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt

LAN applications

LAN Edge Device RADIUS Attributes - Paul Congdon, 10 minutes
http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/IEEE/draft-black-radius-lanedge-00.txt

RADIUS context relocation issues - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-context-802-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-keying-01.txt

WLAN Roaming - Farid Adrangi, 15 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-attributes-extension-for-pwlan-00.txt
http://www.weca.net/OpenSection/downloads/WISPr_V1.0.pdf

RADIUS & PPVPNs

RADIUS & L2TP Extended NAS-Port AVPs - G. Weber, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nmcgill-l2tp-radius-ext-nas-port-01.txt

RADIUS in PPVPN - Greg Weber, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

Wrapup - 20 minutes

Proposed RADIUSEXT WG Charter
Interest in forming a WG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposed RADIUS Extensions Working Group (RADEXT) Charter
Last Modified: 2003-10-20

Chair(s):
Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext

Description of Working Group:

The RADIUS Extensions Working Group will focus on extensions
to the RADIUS protocol required to enable its use in applications
such as IP Telephony and Local Area Network authentication,
authorization and accounting.  All extensions produced by this
working group are required to demonstrate backward compatibility with
the existing RADIUS protocol as well as compatibility with the
equivalent capabilities in the Diameter protocol.

In order to ensure backward compatibility with RADIUS, the following
restrictions are imposed on extensions considered by the RADEXT WG:

- All work MUST be backward compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs.
- No new RADIUS transports (e.g. TCP, SCTP) will be defined.
- No changes will be considered to the RADIUS attribute format.
- No new RADIUS data types will be defined.
- The RADIUS maximum packet size (4K) will not be increased.
- No RADIUS attribute "sub-types" will be defined.
- No new RADIUS security mechanisms will be defined.

Work Items

The immediate goals of the RADEXT working group are to address the
following issues:

- RADIUS UDP transport profile.  The transport behavior of the RADIUS
  protocol is unspecified in existing RFCs.  This has resulted in
  implementations lacking support for congestion control. This task
  involves specification of the RADIUS UDP transport mapping. Failover
  is not part of this work item.  An explicit non-goal is to bring
  RADIUS up to the level of reliability of Diameter.

- Pre-paid support.  Pre-paid services are contemplated in a number
  of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
  telephony. In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
  interoperable way, a specification is required.  The implementation of
  RADIUS prepaid needs to be compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs
  as well as with Diameter prepaid capabilities.

- LAN attributes.  New attributes have been proposed to enable use of
  RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting in wired and
  wireless LANs, including Layer 2 Virtual Private LANs (VPLS).
  Standardization of these attributes will enable improved
  interoperability.

Goals and Milestones:

Sep 04  RADIUS UDP transport profile submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC.
Dec 04  RADIUS pre-paid suport submitted as an Informational RFC.
Apr 05  RADIUS attributes for LANs submitted as an Informational RFC.

Quality Control Plan

In order to ensure quality of work:

* This WG will not be chartered until sufficient resources can be
  demonstrated to be available to guarantee a high probability of
  success.  This includes recruitment of a core of editors and
  reviewers with significant IETF experience and demonstrated time
  commitment.

* All drafts will need to undergo review prior to acceptance as WG work
  items, which includes demonstration that the drafts are backward
  compatible with RADIUS RFCs and are compatible with equivalent
  facilities in Diameter.

* The WG will utilize an issue tracking system.

* XML to RFC will be used in production of documents.  This enables
  production of HTML and text files from a single source file as
  well as automated production of difference files.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 16:22:04 +0000
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 07:44:55 -0800 (PST)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT BOF Agenda, Take Seven

RADEXT BOF Agenda
IETF 58

Friday, November 14, 2003
0900 - 1130 AM

Chairs:

Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/

Agenda

Preliminaries - 5 minutes

Bluesheets
Meeting Minutes
Agenda Bashing

Basic RADIUS work

RADIUS UDP Transport Mapping - Avi Lior, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-udp-transport-mapping-00.txt

IPv6 support in the RADIUS MIBs - Bert Wijnen, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2618.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2619.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2620.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2621.txt

RADIUS client kickstart - Alan DeKok, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-sspp-snmp-01.txt

RADIUS Prepaid - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-prepaid-extensions-02.txt

SIP-RADIUS

RADIUS Accounting & Authentication for SIP - Wolfgang Beck, 15 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt

LAN applications

IEEE 802 attributes for IEEE 802.1X V2.0 - Paul Congdon, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3580.txt

RADIUS context relocation issues - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-context-802-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-keying-01.txt

WLAN Roaming - Farid Adrangi, 15 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-attributes-extension-for-pwlan-00.txt
http://www.weca.net/OpenSection/downloads/WISPr_V1.0.pdf

RADIUS & PPVPNs

RADIUS & L2TP Extended NAS-Port AVPs - G. Weber, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nmcgill-l2tp-radius-ext-nas-port-01.txt

RADIUS in PPVPN - Greg Weber, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

Wrapup - 20 minutes

Proposed RADIUSEXT WG Charter
Interest in forming a WG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposed RADIUS Extensions Working Group (RADEXT) Charter
Last Modified: 2003-10-20

Chair(s):
Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext

Description of Working Group:

The RADIUS Extensions Working Group will focus on extensions
to the RADIUS protocol required to enable its use in applications
such as IP Telephony and Local Area Network authentication,
authorization and accounting.  All extensions produced by this
working group are required to demonstrate backward compatibility with
the existing RADIUS protocol as well as compatibility with the
equivalent capabilities in the Diameter protocol.

In order to ensure backward compatibility with RADIUS, the following
restrictions are imposed on extensions considered by the RADEXT WG:

- All work MUST be backward compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs.
- No new RADIUS transports (e.g. TCP, SCTP) will be defined.
- No changes will be considered to the RADIUS attribute format.
- No new RADIUS data types will be defined.
- The RADIUS maximum packet size (4K) will not be increased.
- No RADIUS attribute "sub-types" will be defined.
- No new RADIUS security mechanisms will be defined.

Work Items

The immediate goals of the RADEXT working group are to address the
following issues:

- RADIUS UDP transport profile.  The transport behavior of the RADIUS
  protocol is unspecified in existing RFCs.  This has resulted in
  implementations lacking support for congestion control. This task
  involves specification of the RADIUS UDP transport mapping. Failover
  is not part of this work item.  An explicit non-goal is to bring
  RADIUS up to the level of reliability of Diameter.

- Pre-paid support.  Pre-paid services are contemplated in a number
  of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
  telephony. In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
  interoperable way, a specification is required.  The implementation of
  RADIUS prepaid needs to be compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs
  as well as with Diameter prepaid capabilities.

- LAN attributes.  New attributes have been proposed to enable use of
  RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting in wired and
  wireless LANs, including Layer 2 Virtual Private LANs (VPLS).
  Standardization of these attributes will enable improved
  interoperability.

Goals and Milestones:

Sep 04  RADIUS UDP transport profile submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC.
Dec 04  RADIUS pre-paid suport submitted as an Informational RFC.
Apr 05  RADIUS attributes for LANs submitted as an Informational RFC.

Quality Control Plan

In order to ensure quality of work:

* This WG will not be chartered until sufficient resources can be
  demonstrated to be available to guarantee a high probability of
  success.  This includes recruitment of a core of editors and
  reviewers with significant IETF experience and demonstrated time
  commitment.

* All drafts will need to undergo review prior to acceptance as WG work
  items, which includes demonstration that the drafts are backward
  compatible with RADIUS RFCs and are compatible with equivalent
  facilities in Diameter.

* The WG will utilize an issue tracking system.

* XML to RFC will be used in production of documents.  This enables
  production of HTML and text files from a single source file as
  well as automated production of difference files.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 21:43:16 +0000
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:06:13 -0800 (PST)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT BOF Agenda, Take Six

RADEXT BOF Agenda
IETF 58

Friday, November 14, 2003
0900 - 1130 AM

Chairs:

Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/

Agenda

Preliminaries - 5 minutes

Bluesheets
Meeting Minutes
Agenda Bashing

Basic RADIUS work

RADIUS UDP Transport Mapping - Avi Lior, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-udp-transport-mapping-00.txt

IPv6 support in the RADIUS MIBs - Bert Wijnen, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2618.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2619.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2620.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2621.txt

RADIUS client kickstart - Alan DeKok, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-02.txt

RADIUS Prepaid - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-prepaid-extensions-02.txt

SIP-RADIUS

RADIUS Accounting & Authentication for SIP - Wolfgang Beck, 15 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt

LAN applications

IEEE 802 attributes for IEEE 802.1X V2.0 - Paul Congdon, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3580.txt

RADIUS context relocation issues - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-context-802-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-keying-01.txt

WLAN Roaming - Farid Adrangi, 15 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-attributes-extension-for-pwlan-00.txt
http://www.weca.net/OpenSection/downloads/WISPr_V1.0.pdf

RADIUS & PPVPNs

RADIUS & L2TP Extended NAS-Port AVPs - G. Weber, 5 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-nmcgill-l2tp-radius-ext-nas-port-00.txt

RADIUS in PPVPN - Greg Weber, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

Wrapup - 20 minutes

Proposed RADIUSEXT WG Charter
Interest in forming a WG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposed RADIUS Extensions Working Group (RADEXT) Charter
Last Modified: 2003-10-20

Chair(s):
Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext

Description of Working Group:

The RADIUS Extensions Working Group will focus on extensions
to the RADIUS protocol required to enable its use in applications
such as IP Telephony and Local Area Network authentication,
authorization and accounting.  All extensions produced by this
working group are required to demonstrate backward compatibility with
the existing RADIUS protocol as well as compatibility with the
equivalent capabilities in the Diameter protocol.

In order to ensure backward compatibility with RADIUS, the following
restrictions are imposed on extensions considered by the RADEXT WG:

- All work MUST be backward compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs.
- No new RADIUS transports (e.g. TCP, SCTP) will be defined.
- No changes will be considered to the RADIUS attribute format.
- No new RADIUS data types will be defined.
- The RADIUS maximum packet size (4K) will not be increased.
- No RADIUS attribute "sub-types" will be defined.
- No new RADIUS security mechanisms will be defined.

Work Items

The immediate goals of the RADEXT working group are to address the
following issues:

- RADIUS UDP transport profile.  The transport behavior of the RADIUS
  protocol is unspecified in existing RFCs.  This has resulted in
  implementations lacking support for congestion control. This task
  involves specification of the RADIUS UDP transport mapping. Failover
  is not part of this work item.  An explicit non-goal is to bring
  RADIUS up to the level of reliability of Diameter.

- Pre-paid support.  Pre-paid services are contemplated in a number
  of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
  telephony. In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
  interoperable way, a specification is required.  The implementation of
  RADIUS prepaid needs to be compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs
  as well as with Diameter prepaid capabilities.

- LAN attributes.  New attributes have been proposed to enable use of
  RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting in wired and
  wireless LANs, including Layer 2 Virtual Private LANs (VPLS).
  Standardization of these attributes will enable improved
  interoperability.

Goals and Milestones:

Sep 04  RADIUS UDP transport profile submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC.
Dec 04  RADIUS pre-paid suport submitted as an Informational RFC.
Apr 05  RADIUS attributes for LANs submitted as an Informational RFC.

Quality Control Plan

In order to ensure quality of work:

* This WG will not be chartered until sufficient resources can be
  demonstrated to be available to guarantee a high probability of
  success.  This includes recruitment of a core of editors and
  reviewers with significant IETF experience and demonstrated time
  commitment.

* All drafts will need to undergo review prior to acceptance as WG work
  items, which includes demonstration that the drafts are backward
  compatible with RADIUS RFCs and are compatible with equivalent
  facilities in Diameter.

* The WG will utilize an issue tracking system.

* XML to RFC will be used in production of documents.  This enables
  production of HTML and text files from a single source file as
  well as automated production of difference files.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 19:32:07 +0000
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 10:55:09 -0800 (PST)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT BOF Agenda, Take Five

RADEXT BOF Agenda
IETF 58

Friday, November 14, 2003
0900 - 1130 AM

Chairs:

Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/

Agenda

Preliminaries - 5 minutes

Bluesheets
Meeting Minutes
Agenda Bashing

Basic RADIUS work

RADIUS UDP Transport Mapping - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-udp-transport-mapping-00.txt

IPv6 support in the RADIUS MIBs - Bert Wijnen, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2618.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2619.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2620.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2621.txt

RADIUS client kickstart - Alan DeKok, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-02.txt

RADIUS Prepaid - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-prepaid-extensions-02.txt

SIP-RADIUS

RADIUS Accounting for SIP - Wolfgang Beck, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt

Digest Authentication in RADIUS - Wolfgang Beck, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt

LAN applications

WLAN Roaming - Farid Adrangi, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-attributes-extension-for-pwlan-00.txt
http://www.weca.net/OpenSection/downloads/WISPr_V1.0.pdf

IEEE 802 attributes for IEEE 802.1X V2.0 - Paul Congdon, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3580.txt

RADIUS context relocation issues - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-context-802-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-keying-01.txt

RADIUS & PPVPNs

RADIUS & L2TP Extended NAS-Port AVPs - G. Weber, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-nmcgill-l2tp-radius-ext-nas-port-00.txt

RADIUS in PPVPN - Greg Weber, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

Wrapup - 20 minutes

Proposed RADIUSEXT WG Charter
Interest in forming a WG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposed RADIUS Extensions Working Group (RADEXT) Charter
Last Modified: 2003-10-20

Chair(s):
Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext

Description of Working Group:

The RADIUS Extensions Working Group will focus on extensions
to the RADIUS protocol required to enable its use in applications
such as IP Telephony and Local Area Network authentication,
authorization and accounting.  All extensions produced by this
working group are required to demonstrate backward compatibility with
the existing RADIUS protocol as well as compatibility with the
equivalent capabilities in the Diameter protocol.

In order to ensure backward compatibility with RADIUS, the following
restrictions are imposed on extensions considered by the RADEXT WG:

- All work MUST be backward compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs.
- No new RADIUS transports (e.g. TCP, SCTP) will be defined.
- No changes will be considered to the RADIUS attribute format.
- No new RADIUS data types will be defined.
- The RADIUS maximum packet size (4K) will not be increased.
- No RADIUS attribute "sub-types" will be defined.
- No new RADIUS security mechanisms will be defined.

Work Items

The immediate goals of the RADEXT working group are to address the
following issues:

- RADIUS UDP transport profile.  The transport behavior of the RADIUS
  protocol is unspecified in existing RFCs.  This has resulted in
  implementations lacking support for congestion control. This task
  involves specification of the RADIUS UDP transport mapping. Failover
  is not part of this work item.  An explicit non-goal is to bring
  RADIUS up to the level of reliability of Diameter.

- Pre-paid support.  Pre-paid services are contemplated in a number
  of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
  telephony. In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
  interoperable way, a specification is required.  The implementation of
  RADIUS prepaid needs to be compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs
  as well as with Diameter prepaid capabilities.

- LAN attributes.  New attributes have been proposed to enable use of
  RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting in wired and
  wireless LANs, including Layer 2 Virtual Private LANs (VPLS).
  Standardization of these attributes will enable improved
  interoperability.

Goals and Milestones:

Sep 04  RADIUS UDP transport profile submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC.
Dec 04  RADIUS pre-paid suport submitted as an Informational RFC.
Apr 05  RADIUS attributes for LANs submitted as an Informational RFC.

Quality Control Plan

In order to ensure quality of work:

* This WG will not be chartered until sufficient resources can be
  demonstrated to be available to guarantee a high probability of
  success.  This includes recruitment of a core of editors and
  reviewers with significant IETF experience and demonstrated time
  commitment.

* All drafts will need to undergo review prior to acceptance as WG work
  items, which includes demonstration that the drafts are backward
  compatible with RADIUS RFCs and are compatible with equivalent
  facilities in Diameter.

* The WG will utilize an issue tracking system.

* XML to RFC will be used in production of documents.  This enables
  production of HTML and text files from a single source file as
  well as automated production of difference files.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Envelope-to: [email-masked]
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:04:42 +0000
From: "Alan DeKok" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
cc: 
Subject: draft-moskowitz-RADIUS-Client-Kickstart-02.txt
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:04:48 -0500

  The -02 version of the client kickstart document was submitted as an
Internet-Draft this morning.  It should show up on ietf.org soon, but
until then, it's available at:

	http://homebase.htt-consult.com/docs/radiusks.txt

  Other, related, documents about the Shared Secret Provisioning
Protocol, are at:

	http://homebase.htt-consult.com/sspp.html

  Alan DeKok.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 07:08:13 +0000
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:31:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT BOF Agenda, Take Four

RADEXT BOF Agenda
IETF 58

Friday, November 14, 2003
0900 - 1130 AM

Chairs:

Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/

Agenda

Preliminaries - 5 minutes

Bluesheets
Meeting Minutes
Agenda Bashing

Basic RADIUS work

RADIUS UDP Transport Mapping - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-udp-transport-mapping-00.txt

IPv6 support in the RADIUS MIBs - Bert Wijnen, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2618.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2619.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2620.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2621.txt

RADIUS client kickstart - Alan DeKok, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-01.txt

RADIUS Prepaid - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-prepaid-extensions-02.txt

SIP-RADIUS

RADIUS Accounting for SIP - TBD, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt

Digest Authentication in RADIUS - Dean Willis, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt

LAN applications

WLAN Roaming - Farid Adrangi, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-attributes-extension-for-pwlan-00.txt
http://www.weca.net/OpenSection/downloads/WISPr_V1.0.pdf

IEEE 802 attributes for IEEE 802.1X V2.0 - Paul Congdon, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3580.txt

RADIUS context relocation issues - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-context-802-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-keying-01.txt

RADIUS & PPVPNs

RADIUS & L2TP Extended NAS-Port AVPs - G. Weber, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-nmcgill-l2tp-radius-ext-nas-port-00.txt

RADIUS in PPVPN - Greg Weber, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

Wrapup - 20 minutes

Proposed RADIUSEXT WG Charter
Interest in forming a WG

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposed RADIUS Extensions Working Group (RADEXT) Charter
Last Modified: 2003-10-20

Chair(s):
Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext

Description of Working Group:

The RADIUS Extensions Working Group will focus on extensions
to the RADIUS protocol required to enable its use in applications
such as IP Telephony and Local Area Network authentication,
authorization and accounting.  All extensions produced by this
working group are required to demonstrate backward compatibility with
the existing RADIUS protocol as well as compatibility with the
equivalent capabilities in the Diameter protocol.

In order to ensure backward compatibility with RADIUS, the following
restrictions are imposed on extensions considered by the RADEXT WG:

- All work MUST be backward compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs.
- No new RADIUS transports (e.g. TCP, SCTP) will be defined.
- No changes will be considered to the RADIUS attribute format.
- No new RADIUS data types will be defined.
- The RADIUS maximum packet size (4K) will not be increased.
- No RADIUS attribute "sub-types" will be defined.
- No new RADIUS security mechanisms will be defined.

Work Items

The immediate goals of the RADEXT working group are to address the
following issues:

- RADIUS UDP transport profile.  The transport behavior of the RADIUS
  protocol is unspecified in existing RFCs.  This has resulted in
  implementations lacking support for congestion control. This task
  involves specification of the RADIUS UDP transport mapping. Failover
  is not part of this work item.  An explicit non-goal is to bring
  RADIUS up to the level of reliability of Diameter.

- Pre-paid support.  Pre-paid services are contemplated in a number
  of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
  telephony. In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
  interoperable way, a specification is required.  The implementation of
  RADIUS prepaid needs to be compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs
  as well as with Diameter prepaid capabilities.

- LAN attributes.  New attributes have been proposed to enable use of
  RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting in wired and
  wireless LANs, including Layer 2 Virtual Private LANs (VPLS).
  Standardization of these attributes will enable improved
  interoperability.

Goals and Milestones:

Sep 04  RADIUS UDP transport profile submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC.
Dec 04  RADIUS pre-paid suport submitted as an Informational RFC.
Apr 05  RADIUS attributes for LANs submitted as an Informational RFC.

Quality Control Plan

In order to ensure quality of work:

* This WG will not be chartered until sufficient resources can be
  demonstrated to be available to guarantee a high probability of
  success.  This includes recruitment of a core of editors and
  reviewers with significant IETF experience and demonstrated time
  commitment.

* All drafts will need to undergo review prior to acceptance as WG work
  items, which includes demonstration that the drafts are backward
  compatible with RADIUS RFCs and are compatible with equivalent
  facilities in Diameter.

* The WG will utilize an issue tracking system.

* XML to RFC will be used in production of documents.  This enables
  production of HTML and text files from a single source file as
  well as automated production of difference files.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Envelope-to: [email-masked]
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:18:22 +0000
From: "Alan DeKok" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
cc: 
Subject: Updated draft of Moscowitz client kickstart
Message-Id: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:22:03 -0400

  Robert Moscowitz can't make the BOF, so I will be presenting the
draft in his place.  He's updated the document, and made it available at:
  
	http://homebase.htt-consult.com/docs/radiusks.txt

  Alan DeKok.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:33:17 +0000
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 08:57:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Call for agenda items

We're in the process of revising the RADEXT BOF agenda.  If you would like
to be on the agenda, please send me a note including a pointer to the
draft you will be presenting.  Since we're looking to confirm availability,
please send this in even if you've been listed in previous agenda drafts so
we can confirm.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 15:55:46 +0000
From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
To: Loa Andersson <[email-masked]>, "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], "Loa Andersson (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: FW: editors for L2TP based vpls and RADIUS as PE discovery me chan sim
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 17:54:39 +0200

Ok thanks. So you had it all under control.
Sorry for my worrying (and sort of stepping on your toes).

Thanks,
Bert 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Loa Andersson [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: zondag 19 oktober 2003 11:00
> To: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
> Cc: [email-masked]; Loa Andersson (E-mail)
> Subject: Re: FW: editors for L2TP based vpls and RADIUS as PE 
> discovery
> mechan sim
> 
> 
> Bert,
> 
> yes this is relevant for RADIUSEXT, in fact Greg intends to
> discuss the draft at the BoF for further input.
> 
> /Loa
> 
> Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
> 
> > RADIUSEXT friends,
> > 
> > Not sure it is relevant, but I figured you should know.
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > Bert 
> > 
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Loa Andersson [mailto:[email-masked]]
> > Sent: zaterdag 18 oktober 2003 23:49
> > To: [email-masked]
> > Cc: Vach Kompella; Rick Wilder; Thomas Narten
> > Subject: editors for L2TP based vpls and RADIUS as PE discovery
> > mechansim
> > 
> > 
> > Working Group,
> > 
> > in order to take the work started by Juha on an L2TP based
> > vpls and the use of RADIUS as PE discovery mechanism we have
> > assigned editors for these drafts.
> > 
> > Greg Weber will take on the editorship for
> > 
> > draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt
> > 
> > Mark Townsley and Stephen Bailey will act as co-editors for
> > 
> > draft-heinanen-radius-l2tp-vpls-00.txt
> > 
> > Even though it might be a bit short of time to have updated
> > drafts in time for the Minneapolis meeting (take it as a
> > cahllenge :) ) we would like to have editor reports (issues 
> and plans)
> > for the two drafts in Minneapolis.
> > 
> > Please join us in our thanks to Mark, Greg and Steph for their
> > willingness to take this on.
> > 
> > Loa, Vach and Rick.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> 
> -- 
> Loa Andersson
> 
> Mobile          +46 739 81 21 64
> Email           [email-masked]
> 
> 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:54:13 +0000
From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "Loa Andersson (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>, "Bert Wijnen (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
Subject: FW: editors for L2TP based vpls and RADIUS as PE discovery mechan sim
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 03:53:18 +0200

RADIUSEXT friends,

Not sure it is relevant, but I figured you should know.

Thanks,
Bert 

-----Original Message-----
From: Loa Andersson [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: zaterdag 18 oktober 2003 23:49
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Vach Kompella; Rick Wilder; Thomas Narten
Subject: editors for L2TP based vpls and RADIUS as PE discovery
mechansim

Working Group,

in order to take the work started by Juha on an L2TP based
vpls and the use of RADIUS as PE discovery mechanism we have
assigned editors for these drafts.

Greg Weber will take on the editorship for

draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

Mark Townsley and Stephen Bailey will act as co-editors for

draft-heinanen-radius-l2tp-vpls-00.txt

Even though it might be a bit short of time to have updated
drafts in time for the Minneapolis meeting (take it as a
cahllenge :) ) we would like to have editor reports (issues and plans)
for the two drafts in Minneapolis.

Please join us in our thanks to Mark, Greg and Steph for their
willingness to take this on.

Loa, Vach and Rick.

-- 
Loa Andersson

Mobile          +46 739 81 21 64
Email           [email-masked]

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 06:35:29 +0000
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 22:58:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT Agenda, Take Two

Here is an updated agenda for the RADEXT BOF at IETF 58 in Minneapolis.
If you'd like to present at the BOF and are not listed, or if you are
listed, but can't present, let me know.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RADIUS EXTensions BOF (radext)

Friday, November 14 at 0900-1130
=================================

CHAIRS:	Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
	David Nelson <[email-masked]>

AGENDA:

Preliminaries - 5 minutes

Bluesheets
Meeting Minutes
Agenda Bashing

Basic RADIUS work

RADIUS Prepaid - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-prepaid-extensions-01.txt

RADIUS Transport behavior - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-reliable-accounting-00.txt

RADIUS client kickstart - TBD on behalf of Bob Moskowitz, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-00.txt

IPv6 support in the RADIUS MIBs - Bert Wijnen, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2618.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2619.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2620.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2621.txt

SIP-RADIUS

RADIUS Accounting for SIP - Henning Schulzrinne, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt

Digest Authentication in RADIUS - TBD, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt

LAN applications

IEEE 802 attributes - Paul Congdon, 10 minutes
Draft TBD

WFA attributes - TBD, 10 minutes
http://www.weca.net/OpenSection/downloads/WISPr_V1.0.pdf

WLAN Roaming - Farid Adrangi, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-00.txt

RADIUS context relocation issues - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-aboba-802-context-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-pppext-key-problem-07.txt

RADIUS Extension for Fast Handoff - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-02.txt

Miscellaneous applications

RADIUS in PPVPN - Juha Heinanen, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

RADIUS & BGP - Chris Lonvick, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lonvick-sobgp-radius-03.txt

Wrapup - 20 minutes

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 11:30:23 +0000
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 14:24:21 +0300
From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Organization: None
To: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: RADEXT Charter, Take Four

Looks good to me. I like the fact that charters now
have quality control plans, at the concrete level
that you have given here. --Jari

Bernard Aboba wrote:
> RADIUS Extensions Working Group (RADEXT) Charter
> Last Modified: 2003-09-22
> 
> Chair(s):
> Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
> David Nelson <[email-masked]>
> 
> Operations and Management Area Director(s):
> Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
> Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>
> 
> Operations and Management Area Advisor:
> Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
> 
> Mailing Lists:
> General Discussion: [email-masked]
> To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
> Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext
> 
> Description of Working Group:
> 
> The RADIUS Extensions Working Group will focus on extensions
> to the RADIUS protocol required to enable its use in applications
> such as IP Telephony and Local Area Network authentication,
> authorization and accounting.  All extensions produced by this
> working group are required to demonstrate backward compatibility with
> the existing RADIUS protocol as well as compatibility with the
> equivalent capabilities in the Diameter protocol.
> 
> In order to ensure backward compatibility with RADIUS, the following
> restrictions are imposed on extensions considered by the RADIUSEXT WG:
> 
> - All work MUST be backward compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs.
> - No new RADIUS transports (e.g. TCP, SCTP) will be defined.
> - No changes will be considered to the RADIUS attribute format.
> - No new RADIUS attribute data types will be defined.
> - The RADIUS maximum packet size (4K) will not be increased.
> - No RADIUS attribute "sub-types" will be defined.
> - No new RADIUS security mechanisms will be defined.
> 
> Work Items
> 
> The immediate goals of the RADIUSEXT working group are to address the
> following issues:
> 
> - RADIUS UDP transport profile.  The transport behavior of the RADIUS
>   protocol is unspecified in existing RFCs.  This has resulted in
>   implementations lacking support for congestion control. This task
>   involves specification of the RADIUS UDP transport mapping. Failover
>   is not part of this work item.  An explicit non-goal is to bring
>   RADIUS up to the level of reliability of Diameter.
> 
> - Pre-paid support.  Pre-paid services are contemplated in a number
>   of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
>   telephony. In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
>   interoperable way, a specification is required.  The implementation of
>   RADIUS prepaid needs to be compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs
>   as well as with Diameter prepaid capabilities.
> 
> - LAN attributes.  New attributes have been proposed to enable use of
>   RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting in wired and
>   wireless LANs.  Standardization of these attributes will enable improved
>   interoperability.
> 
> Goals and Milestones:
> 
> Apr 04  RADIUS UDP transport profile submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC.
> Sep 04  RADIUS pre-paid suport submitted as an Informational RFC.
> Dec 04  RADIUS attributes for LANs submitted as an Informational RFC.
> 
> Quality Control Plan
> 
> In order to ensure quality of work:
> 
> * This WG will not be chartered until sufficient resources can be
>   demonstrated to be available to guarantee a high probability of
>   success.  This includes recruitment of a core of editors and
>   reviewers with significant IETF experience and demonstrated time
>   commitment.
> 
> * All drafts will need to undergo review prior to acceptance as WG work
>   items, which includes demonstration that the drafts are backward
>   compatible with RADIUS RFCs and are compatible with equivalent
>   facilities in Diameter.
> 
> * The WG will utilize an issue tracking system.
> 
> * XML to RFC will be used in production of documents.  This enables
>   production of HTML and text files from a single source file as
>   well as automated production of difference files.
> 
> --
> to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
> the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
> archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>
> 
> 

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:33:55 +0000
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:59:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RADEXT Charter, Take Four

RADIUS Extensions Working Group (RADEXT) Charter
Last Modified: 2003-09-22

Chair(s):
Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext

Description of Working Group:

The RADIUS Extensions Working Group will focus on extensions
to the RADIUS protocol required to enable its use in applications
such as IP Telephony and Local Area Network authentication,
authorization and accounting.  All extensions produced by this
working group are required to demonstrate backward compatibility with
the existing RADIUS protocol as well as compatibility with the
equivalent capabilities in the Diameter protocol.

In order to ensure backward compatibility with RADIUS, the following
restrictions are imposed on extensions considered by the RADIUSEXT WG:

- All work MUST be backward compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs.
- No new RADIUS transports (e.g. TCP, SCTP) will be defined.
- No changes will be considered to the RADIUS attribute format.
- No new RADIUS attribute data types will be defined.
- The RADIUS maximum packet size (4K) will not be increased.
- No RADIUS attribute "sub-types" will be defined.
- No new RADIUS security mechanisms will be defined.

Work Items

The immediate goals of the RADIUSEXT working group are to address the
following issues:

- RADIUS UDP transport profile.  The transport behavior of the RADIUS
  protocol is unspecified in existing RFCs.  This has resulted in
  implementations lacking support for congestion control. This task
  involves specification of the RADIUS UDP transport mapping. Failover
  is not part of this work item.  An explicit non-goal is to bring
  RADIUS up to the level of reliability of Diameter.

- Pre-paid support.  Pre-paid services are contemplated in a number
  of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
  telephony. In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
  interoperable way, a specification is required.  The implementation of
  RADIUS prepaid needs to be compatible with existing RADIUS RFCs
  as well as with Diameter prepaid capabilities.

- LAN attributes.  New attributes have been proposed to enable use of
  RADIUS authentication, authorization and accounting in wired and
  wireless LANs.  Standardization of these attributes will enable improved
  interoperability.

Goals and Milestones:

Apr 04  RADIUS UDP transport profile submitted as a Proposed Standard RFC.
Sep 04  RADIUS pre-paid suport submitted as an Informational RFC.
Dec 04  RADIUS attributes for LANs submitted as an Informational RFC.

Quality Control Plan

In order to ensure quality of work:

* This WG will not be chartered until sufficient resources can be
  demonstrated to be available to guarantee a high probability of
  success.  This includes recruitment of a core of editors and
  reviewers with significant IETF experience and demonstrated time
  commitment.

* All drafts will need to undergo review prior to acceptance as WG work
  items, which includes demonstration that the drafts are backward
  compatible with RADIUS RFCs and are compatible with equivalent
  facilities in Diameter.

* The WG will utilize an issue tracking system.

* XML to RFC will be used in production of documents.  This enables
  production of HTML and text files from a single source file as
  well as automated production of difference files.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 16:33:37 +0000
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 08:58:14 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Strawman RADEXT BOF Agenda

Here is a strawman agenda for the RADEXT BOF at IETF 58. Comments welcome.

RADEXT BOF Agenda
IETF 58

Time TBD

Chairs:

Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
David Nelson <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Director(s):
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Bert Wijnen <[email-masked]>

Operations and Management Area Advisor:
Randy Bush <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked], In Body: subscribe
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/

Agenda

Preliminaries - 5 minutes

Bluesheets
Meeting Minutes
Agenda Bashing

Basic RADIUS work

RADIUS Prepaid - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-prepaid-extensions-01.txt

RADIUS Transport behavior - Avi Lior, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lior-radius-reliable-accounting-00.txt

RADIUS client kickstart - Bob Moskowitz, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-radius-client-kickstart-00.txt

IPv6 support in the RADIUS MIBs - Bert Wijnen, 5 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2618.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2619.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2620.txt
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2621.txt

SIP-RADIUS

RADIUS Accounting for SIP - Henning Schulzrinne, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-schulzrinne-sipping-radius-accounting-00.txt

Digest Authentication in RADIUS - Baruch Sterman, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt

LAN applications

IEEE 802 attributes - Paul Congdon, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3580.txt

WFA attributes - TBD, 10 minutes
http://www.weca.net/OpenSection/downloads/WISPr_V1.0.pdf

WLAN Roaming - Farid Adrangi, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-adrangi-radius-issues-in-pwlan-roaming-00.txt

RADIUS context relocation issues - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-aboba-802-context-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-aboba-pppext-key-problem-07.txt

RADIUS Extension for Fast Handoff - Bernard Aboba, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-aaaarch-handoff-02.txt

Miscellaneous applications

RADIUS & L2TP Extended NAS-Port AVPs - N. McGill, 10 minutes
http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-nmcgill-l2tp-radius-ext-nas-port-00.txt

RADIUS in PPVPN - Juha Heinanen, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-heinanen-radius-pe-discovery-04.txt

RADIUS & BGP - Chris Lonvick, 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lonvick-sobgp-radius-03.txt

Wrapup - 20 minutes

Proposed RADIUSEXT WG Charter
Interest in forming a WG

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 05:32:30 +0000
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:57:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
To: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: RADIUS BOF agenda

> > draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt
> > As far as I can see, there has been no work on this draft in quite a
> > while. Is there any interest in continuing to work on it?

Is anyone available to present the draft at a RADIUSEXT BOF?

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 03:57:37 +0000
Subject: Re: RADIUS BOF agenda
From: Dean Willis <[email-masked]>
To: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:06:01 -0500

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 02:36, Bernard Aboba wrote:

> draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt
> As far as I can see, there has been no work on this draft in quite a
> while. Is there any interest in continuing to work on it?

Yes. I believe Henning spoke with Baruch, who said he was interested.
The SIPPING group is prepared to try and move the work forward if it
can't move in RADIUSEXT.

There are several implentations of this draft alrady, and we're having
to implement an even more broken alternative right now for a large (10M+
users) network. Having SOME kind of "standard" guidance would be very
useful. I'm also in-touch with several operators (DT, others) who are
clamoring for a common approach here.

--
Dean

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>