Subject: Question about RFC 2865

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:52:07 +0100

Section 5 (Attributes), page 25 says:

...
  Value

      The Value field is zero or more octets and contains information
      specific to the Attribute.
...

  However, the following text defining type-specific formats does not
define any circumstance under which a Value field of zero octets is
permissible.  Instead, the "string" and "text" types say:

      ...length zero (0) MUST NOT be sent;
      omit the entire attribute instead.

  This appears to be an inconsistency in the document.  Is it a problem?

  Alan DeKok.

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>