Subject: Issue 259: Extended Type Field Length

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:18:43 -0700 (PDT)

Issue 259: Extended Type Field Length
Submitter name: Bernard Aboba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted:  June 25, 2008
Reference: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2008/msg00321.html
Document: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-extended-attributes-03.txt
Comment type: Technical
Priority: S
Section:  5
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

The -03 version of this document contains the following TLV format: 
                        1                   2
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
   |    Ext-Type   |    Ext-Len    |    Value...
   +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

However, the RADEXT WG Consensus from IETF 71, and as confirmed on the 
RADEXT WG mailing list, was that the Ext-Type field should be 2 octets in 
length, not 1.  Also, the Consensus of the WG was that Extended Attributes 
would not be applied to existing RADIUS standard attributes. 

Here is the summary of the Consensus Call Determination:
http://ops.ietf.org/lists/radiusext/2008/msg00321.html

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>