Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:15:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the RADIUS EXTensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Authorization for Network Access Server (NAS) Management
	Author(s)       : D. Nelson, G. Weber
	Filename        : draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-03.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2008-06-12

This document describes Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service
(RADIUS) attributes for the authorization and service provisioning of
Network Access Servers (NASes).  Both local and remote management are
supported, with granular access rights and management privileges.
Specific provisions are made for remote management via framed
management protocols, and for specification of a protected transport
protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-management-authorization-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:02:14 -0400

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-radext-management-

I would like to call the WG's attention to this recently posted draft
revision.  This version addresses WGLC Issues 253-256, as discussed in
recent mailing list threads.

A summary of the technical (non-editorial) changes is as follows:

Section 8.1:

Added text describing the use of the Framed-Management-Protocol Attribute by
the NAS in Access-Request packets as a "hint", by the server in
Access-Accept packets as an expression of the server's policy and by the NAS
in Access-Accept packets in the case when the value does not match with the
requested access or the NAS's supported protocols.

Clarified that "CP" means "RCP" and added "SCP" and "SFTP".

Section 8.2:

Added text describing the use the Management-Transport-Protection Attribute
similar to that described above.

Section 9:

Fixed some inconsistencies in the examples.

Please take a moment to review all of the changes in this revision.

Bernard, were you planning to initiate a second WGLC on this draft prior to
IETF-72?

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>