Subject: Subject: I-D Action:draft-tiwari-radext-tunnel-type-01.txt (fwd)

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:08:57 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : New Tunnel-Type Values
	Author(s)       : A. Tiwari
	Filename        : draft-tiwari-radext-tunnel-type-01.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2008-08-10

This document defines a set of values for the Tunnel-Type RADIUS
Attribute.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiwari-radext-tunnel-type-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

<ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tiwari-radext-tunnel-type-01.txt>

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://psg.com/lists/radiusext/>

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 19:24:23 +0700

Glancing over this:

Since there's only one author, it would be good to move the apostrophe in
"Authors'" left.  

In the table in Section 3, move the abbreviation (ESP) next to "Payload".

Since new values of the Tunnel-Type Attribute are allocated by IETF
Consensus, it might be a better idea to separate this into 2 docs, one for
the ESP value & the other for the proprietary one.  In fact, because the
spec for the Microsoft Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol is public & appears
fairly stable, I would prefer that the allocation be part of an
Informational RFC describing the protocol.  At the very least, though, the
name needs to be changed to "Microsoft's Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol"
(or something similar) that identifies its proprietary nature.

---

From: Abhishek Tiwari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:10:46 +0800

I have submitted the new draft addressing the most of the feedbacks received from Glen - except splitting the draft into two (individual tunnel id request for each tunnel).

Abhishek

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Zorn [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 5:54 PM
To: Abhishek Tiwari
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: Subject: I-D Action:draft-tiwari-radext-tunnel-type-01.txt (fwd)

Glancing over this:

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 12:27:07 +0700

Abhishek Tiwari [mailto:[email-masked]] writes:

> I have submitted the new draft addressing the most of the feedbacks
> received from Glen - except splitting the draft into two (individual
> tunnel id request for each tunnel).

Actually, that suggestion was more in the realm of "help you get it
published" than "something wrong w/the draft" anyway.  I suspect that it may
be difficult to round up IETF consensus around a proprietary tunnel type w/o
providing considerably more detail but I've been wrong before.  Good luck!

...